Lethbridge Regional Women’s Committee Meeting Minutes – March 4, 2019
Lethbridge Regional Women’s Committee
Mar 4, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Kathy Dorchak (30027), Stephanie Erb (30048), Karen Mah (30048), Krysty Thomas (30048), Diane White (PSAC rep)
By phone: Danielle Possiant (30907), Kristy Slattery (30036),
Meaghan Burford (30907), Dorothy McRae (30048), Shirley Stolk (30028)
Meeting called to order at 7:13 pm
- Adoption of Agenda
- Approved by consensus
- Review and approval of the previous meeting’s minutes
- Previously approved via email
- Financial Report – S Erb provided the financial report:
- Bank balance as of Feb 28: $1520.42
- New events: Women’s Day (Fri, Mar 8) buy cakes from Safeway – tie in with International Women’s Day slogan this year “balance for better” (on cake)
- K Dorchak is doing a lunch and learn on Thursday and will have a cake
- K Dorchak motion to do cakes for Women’s day. K Thomas seconded the motion and passed by consensus
- Treasurers report was accepted by consensus
- Items to add to binder:
- S Erb has nearly completed this. She added the Annual financial statement and the transaction log is completed. She looked for any other missing information.
- S Erb asked about last March’s meeting. There was no financial report – do we need to include for items sent to Calgary office? D White indicated that it would be useful.
- Danielle and Karen supplied addresses for the binder
- S Erb will find some volunteers at Lethbridge Research and Development Centre who are not committee members to audit the books.
- The process of transferring bank signatures is completed. S Erb is meeting with a bank manager tomorrow as they are having their books audited and require further information.
- S Erb asked what to do with void cheques; D White suggested that S Erb include a brief explanation for cheques
- Reviewed 2019 budget and discussed events
- Next meeting proposed for Jun 4, 7 pm to plan for events (double up with area council meeting)
- D White – Mar 30 course: A woman’s place is in her union in Lethbridge. Sign up on Prairie website under southern AB education https://prairies.psac.com/areas/southern-alberta/events-and-courses
- Meeting adjourned at 8:13