The Regional Women’s Committee is a focal point for mobilizing women members. The RWC informs, educates and empowers women within their union and their community. Check out these minutes for current activities and actions.
Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC)
Edmonton Regional Women’s Committee
Annual General Meeting
February 15, 2021 PSAC Edmonton RO
Kim Cardinal, Chair
Denise Gugel, Treasurer
Corie McGaughey, Secretary
Emily Archer, member
Corrie Barkley, member
Charmaine Nelson, member
Joan Tomma, member
Kristine Reid, member
Carm Chan, PSAC Representative
Regrets: Patty Jessome, Vice Chair
- Welcome to all / Call to Order / Harassment Statement: Kim Cardinal called the meeting to order at 5:40pm and welcomed everyone.
- This Agenda – Adoption: Kim requested adoption of the agenda – Consensus approved.
- Posting of March 3, 2020 Meeting Minutes: Kim asked Corie if the September 2020 meeting minutes have been posted to PSAC website yet. Corie advised she has some further corrections to make and then she will send them to Nina.
- Chair Report for 2020 year: Kim thanked Carm Chan for her hard work.
- Treasurer’s report: Denise advised she does not have updated data. Carm provided the balance as of latest bank statement: $1119.35
- Secretary report: Corie reminded the committee that regrettably, the March 2020 minutes were not supplied by the member who recorded the minutes in her absence.
- Elections: Kim handed it over to Carm Chan to chair the elections. Carm provided a telephone number for members to text their vote.
- Denise Gugel – nominated by Charmaine Nelson and seconded by Corie McGaughey. Denise accepted the nomination
- Corie McGaughey – nominated by Kim Cardinal, seconded by Charmaine Nelson. Corie respectfully declined the nomination
- Denise Gugel appointed Edmonton RWC Chair by acclamation
- Vice Chair:
- Charmaine Nelson – nominated by Kim Cardinal, seconded by Denise Gugel.
- Charmaine Nelson appointed Edmonton RWC Vice Chair by acclamation
- Corrie Barkley, nominated by Kim Cardinal, seconded by Denise Gugel
- Corrie Barkley appointed Edmonton RWC Treasurer by acclamation
- Kim Cardinal – nominated by Charmaine Nelson, seconded by Corrie Barkley
- Kim Cardinal appointed Edmonton RWC Secretary by acclamation.
Carm turned it back over to Kim to chair the meeting.
8. Round Table:
- Kim opened the round table by congratulating newly elected committee, then talked about her VAJ.
- Joan congratulated everyone in newly elected positions. Looking forward to getting to know more about RWC.
- Kristine said it was nice to meet everyone and that she likes to be informed
- Emily congratulated the newly elected executive. Said she looks forward getting to know more about the RWC
- Corrie B said she is looking forward to see what the RWC can move forward with in light of the remote circumstances
- Corie M thanked the outgoing RWC members, particularly mentioning Patty for her hard work and dedication to the committee over the years. Corie also thanked everyone who nominated her this evening, advised she respectfully declined due other commitments with the EAC
- Charmaine said she was honored to get position and she has an open door policy.
- Denise thanked all of the ladies for investing their time in the RWC
- Kim reflected on her 2 year tenure as chair, and thanked Carm and Marianne.
- Carm thanked everyone. Advised Edmonton office is still closed. Said it will probably be closed for a few more months. Said to keep an eye out for new online educations. Said it’s so important to keep members mobilized in this time. Friendly reminder that 2020 year end is due soon. Said she will send RWC package to everyone on the call tonight as there is helpful information.
Next meeting date, time and location was not set during the meeting.
Kim adjourned the meeting at 6:28 p.m. MST.