Area Council Committees engage with PSAC campaigns, lobby politicians and raise awareness of issues affecting our members, workers and the Canadian Public. Check out these minutes for current actions and events.
PUBLIC SERVICE ALLIANCE OF CANADA
Edmonton Area Council Meeting
at Edmonton PSAC Regional Office
November 28, 2019
Via teleconference, Vice President
Via teleconference Secretary
Edmonton Area Council Rep
|Oneil Carlier||PSAC Staff Rep|
Co Chair of meeting was Freada
1. Call to Order at 6:08 pm
2. Adoption of Previous Minutes
3. New Business
- Oneil emphasized it is Area Council that should be making the effort to be mobilizing our members to lobby their MP’s. That we should phone their offices while they are back in the Constituencies during there winter break, especially the newly elected ones. We should not assume they know or are aware of the Phoenix issues.
- Secondly bargaining should be one key speaking note while visiting them.
- Request that Area Council start calling all Northern Alberta Locals to encourage them to show support for bargaining teams going back to the table with Public Interest Commission. Both Darlene and Freada have said they will split the list and Oneil to draft message to address when reaching out to Local Presidents. LWOP can be used as option when making these phone calls.
- There was discussion around a food bank drive in the New Year and since Canada Place is not in charge with the space to use as a drop off it is now Public Works. Dragana said members have approached her with regards to if we go on strike and we already have members affected with pay what this might look like and we should be thinking of ways to be supporting them.
- Committee to start thinking of new ideas for the New Year and to brainstorm some thoughts around food donations or other activities we can be involved in so that funds for these ideas are brought forth on our 2020 Budget.
4. Round table
Reminder December 10, 2019 at 5:30 pm Christmas Social to begin on behalf of EAC, RWC, HRC and Youth.See you all their and please bring food as a potluck for everyone.
Next meeting to be determined for date in January.
5. Motion to adjourn meeting @ 6:40 pm