Dear PSAC Young Workers:
Do you want a forum to discuss the impact of current issues on young workers? Are you interested in getting together to build solidarity, share knowledge and develop skills? As young workers, we face the same issues other Canadian workers face, as well as some that are unique to our demographic.
At the 2012 PSAC National Convention, delegates approved a resolution to create regional young worker committees that would be open to members 30 years of age and under. Young workers submitted this resolution, after identifying the need for a place within the PSAC for young people.
As the Young Workers Representative, it is my responsibility to both promote establishment of young worker committees and communicate with young workers in the Prairie Region. But I can’t do it alone. We need your thoughts and suggestions on how best to move forward.
Later this month and early next, I will be traveling throughout the Prairies to meet and hear from you. This will be a good opportunity to bring other young workers together, hear the issues we all face, discuss ways we can communicate with each other, brainstorm ideas, create possible solutions to problems, and, most importantly, make new friends.
The dates, times, and locations for these events are included below. In the meantime, please send me an email with any questions. I look forward to meeting you.
- Edmonton – Thurs. Oct. 24, 5:30 p.m., PSAC Regional Office (10665 Jasper Ave, Suite 670)
- Calgary – Fri. Oct. 25, 5:30 p.m., PSAC Regional Office (301 – 14th Street NW, Suite 302)
- Lethbridge – Sat. Oct. 26, 1:00 p.m., District Labour Council Office (105A 3305 18th Ave North)
- Winnipeg – Wed. Nov. 6, 5:30 p.m., PSAC Regional Office (175 Hargrave Street, Suite 460)
- Saskatoon – Thurs. Nov. 7, 5:30 p.m., PSAC Regional Office (#5 – 511 1st Avenue North)
- Regina – Fri. Nov. 8, 5:30 p.m., PSAC Regina Office (2445 – 13th Avenue, Suite 200)
Young Workers Representative
PSAC Prairie Region Council