Public Service Alliance Human Rights Committee Annual General Meeting
February 23, 2022
Present: Jennifer Chieh Ho (Chair), Khalid Ahmad (Treasurer), Nicolas Catalano (Vice Chair), Gus Mardi, Wayne Robillard, Mona Simcoe, Tina Matias-Bouchard (PSAC Rep), Tim Hubick (PRC Rep), Steve Sukhbir (PRC Rep)
1. Call to Order at 6:46pm
2. Land Acknowledgement by Wayne Robillard
3. Anti-Harassment Statement by Gus Mardli
4. Welcome/Introduction: Everybody introduced themselves
5. Equity Representatives: Tim Hubick (Persons With Disabilities) talked about Doing Things Differently which is a document by The Canada Labour Congress
6. Approval of Agenda: Moved by Gus Mardli, Seconded by Nicolas Catalano, Motion Carried
7. Approval of 2021 AGM minutes: Moved by Gus Mardli, Seconded by Nicolas Catalano, Motion carried
Committee Report read by Jennifer Chieh Ho; Moved by Jennifer Chieh Ho, Seconded by Wayne Robillard
February 28th Black History month
9. Finances We currently have $390.82 in our account; Moved by Khalid Ahmad, Seconded by Nicolas Catalano
10. 2022-2023 Budget:
Meeting expenses of $300 in anticipation of meeting in person. Approved.
$200 for CLIFF event in November 2022. Approved.
$2000 for Mama Bear Clan donations. Approved.
$2000 for Bear Clan Patrol donations. Approved.
$400 for February Black History Month. Approved.
$300 for March 21st International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. Approved.
$200 for June Pride event. Approved.
$200 for National Indigenous Peoples Day on June 21st. Approved.
$200 for National Truth and Reconciliation Day on September 30th. Approved.
$200 for December 3rd Access event. Approved.
$200 for postcards and postage for equity seeking members and allies. Approved.
All the expenses were moved by Khalid Ahmad and seconded by Nicholas Catalano.
11. Elections: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer
Jennifer Chieh Ho resigned as Chair.
Chair: Khalid Ahmad was nominated by Gus Mardli and seconded by Nicolas Catalano. Elected by acclamation.
Vice-Chair: Nicolas Catalano was nominated by Jennifer Chieh Ho and seconded by Gus Mardli. Elected by Acclamation.
No Secretary or Treasurer was elected. Elections will be carried over to the next meeting.
12. 2022-2023 Plans
13. Round Table: Tina Matias-Bouchard encouraged everybody to share information on Young Workers Trivia night. She also said there is a lot of mobilization happening with regard to bargaining.
14. Next Meeting Date
To be discussed.
Meeting adjourned 8:45 pm.