Attended: Melody Raabe, Jackie Nanali, Gus Mardli, Chris Little-Gagné, Gunars Butkans, Gloria Kelly, Dawn MacAulay, Christine McJannet, Darlene Mcclure, Stephanie Primrose, Peter Barr, Loretta Moar, Chris Davis, Rob Wiens, Lindsay Sparks (PSAC)
Winnipeg and Area Human Rights
PSAC Winnipeg Regional Office
Tuesday, Feb 18, 2014
5:20 pm – 6:48 pm
Attended: Melody Raabe, Jackie Nanali, Gus Mardli, Chris Little-Gagné, Gunars Butkans, Gloria Kelly, Dawn MacAulay, Christine McJannet, Darlene Mcclure, Stephanie Primrose, Peter Barr, Loretta Moar, Chris Davis, Rob Wiens
Lindsay Sparks (PSAC)
Regrets: Melody Raabe, Cheryl Dubree, Sonia Becenko, Natasha Mohammed, Vivianne Combiadakis, Taye Zegeye, Lorelei Topnik, Stephanie Primrose, Pat Boyer
1. Call Meeting to Order 5:25 pm
2. Reading of the PSAC Statement on Harassment by Sister Nanali.
3. Addition(s) to agenda
* No additions to agenda.
4. Review and approval of previous meeting minutes
* Brother Little-Gagne moved to approve Sept 10th meeting minutes, Sister Mcclure motion to adopt, Brother Mardli seconded, meeting minutes passed.
* Brother Little-Gagne moved to approve Nov 12th meeting minutes, correction to be made to Sister Darlene’s last name, Sister Mcclure motion to adopt, Brother Mardli seconded, meeting minutes passed.
5. Blankets and Coffee Drive
* Human Rights Committee to donate to shelter this year and next year to leave blankets by dumpsters.
* Brother Little-Gagne with information from Giant Tiger of blankets, socks and formula.
* Brother Little-Gagne asked how much to purchase and if it’s something as a group we want to pass.
* Idea to give to Siloam Mission, Sister Kelly made motion to adopt, Sister MacAulay seconded.
* Sister Kelly suggested $400.00 for Spring 2014 to develop the drive.
* Brother Little-Gagne suggested $500.00, Sister Kelly motion to adopt, Sister MacAulay seconded.
* Brother Little-Gagne will work with Sister Kelly to begin the project.
* Idea to collect funds for any event we attend, as well as Convention.
* Brother Davis suggested to send letters to all locals to donate money for the events.
6. Treasurer – Present and Adopt 2014-2015 Budget
* Brother Sparks did not get money last year because we had a healthy bank account.
* Social Justice project to be $500.00.
* Budget to be submitted by March 2014.
* Sister Kelly would like to see Area Council, Women’s Council and the Human Rights Committee to see what funds can be put into.
* Brother Little-Gagne discussed that maybe we don’t need to ask for money now since we have money.
o Brother Weins motion to pass budget and Sister MacAulay seconded.
* Brother Little-Gagne discussed moving forward to make committee more active, add planning in new business and to meet bi-monthly at least four times a year.
7. Resolution Update
* Brother Mardli and Sister Kelly went over package for resolutions.
* Sister Kelly said resolutions must need to be sent in to Marianne by beginning of March 4, 2014.
* Brother Mardli mentioned for those going to Convention to please speak for the resolutions.
* Sister Kelly move to send to PSAC Convention the package of resolution, Sister MacAulay seconded, all agreed.
8. Elections of new committee
* Introduction of attendees.
* Election of Chair
o Sister MacAulay to nominate Brother Little-Gagne, Sister Kelly seconded.
o Brother Little-Gagne let name stand.
o Sister Raabe provided written interest to run for Co-Chair, since she was unable to attend the meeting.
o Sister McJannet to nominate Sister Raabe, Sister Moar seconded.
o Brother Mardli to nominate Sister Kelly, Sister Mcclure seconded.
o Ballot vote conducted.
o Sister Kelly to be voted in as Co-Chair and let name stand.
o Brother Mardli to nominate Sister MacAulay, Brother Little-Gagne seconded.
o Sister MacAulay to let name stand.
o Brother Little-Gagne to nominate Sister Nanali, Brother Barr seconded.
o Sister Nanali to let name stand.
* Harassment Coordinator
o Brother Mardli to nominate Sister Mcclure, Brother Little-Gagne to second.
o Sister McClure to let name stand.
9. Contact Locals to assign/adopt and to create a resolution for bylaws to have Human Rights Representative
* Brother Little-Gagne agrees that local level should have Human Rights Representative.
* Sister Kelly mentioned will take a lot of work and take time.
* Brother Little-Gagne suggested to move discussion for planning day and look at approach on April 1, 2014.
* Sister Kelly said as we start activities, we can get people in and get them started.
* Brother Little-Gagne said our goal is to have planning meetings and would be happy with 13 people at planning meetings and 30 people at activities, events.
10. Adjournment of meeting 6:48 pm, next meeting will be held April 1, 2014.