Attendees: Gus Mardli (AAFC), Matt Tijani (AAFC), Darlene McClure (AAFC), Christine McJannet (Stats Canada), Stephanie Primrose (DCL), Tanya Lechance(DCL), Dawn MacAulay (AAFC)
Winnipeg Area Council
Wednesday May 28, 2014 – 5:15 pm
PSAC Regional Office – 175 Hargrave Street
M I N U T E S
ATTENDEES: Gus Mardli (AAFC), Matt Tijani (AAFC), Darlene McClure (AAFC), Christine McJannet (Stats Canada), Stephanie Primrose (DCL), Tanya Lechance(DCL), Dawn MacAulay (AAFC)
1. Call to Order at 5:40 p.m.
2. PSAC Statement on Harassment agreed to by all
· Moved by Darlene
· Seconded by Stephanie
3. Adoption of Agenda
· Moved by Matt
· Seconded by Darlene
4. Adoption of Minutes – April 9, 2014
· Correct Gloria’s component to UNDE
· Add Steven Cabak (UNE) and Matt Tijani (AAFC)
· Add the correct spelling of Judy Wasylycia-Leis last name
· Add the word “for” to #8, paragraph 3, “. . . idea for a number . . .”
· Moved by Dawn
· Seconded by Darlene
5. UPDATE – Political Action in the province
· Further to #5 of April 9/14 minutes, Gus sent the questions to Marianne, she thought they were good questions, she wants the WAC to come up with an action plan and cost it out (mail out, town hall costs, i.e. hall rental, refreshments). Stephanie agreed to check with the Aboriginal Centre about using the Rotunda, there is a restaurant that could supply the refreshments as well that she is going to check with as well.
· The Winnipeg Labour Council is putting on a 1-day political action workshop entitled “Campaign Organizer Training” on June 14, 2014.
6. UPDATE– PSAC outreach to members
· Gus sent an e-mail to a large number of local presidents and activists a few days ago to try to get more people interested in the WAC.
7. UPDATE – Social Justice Fund project
· Gus spoke with Tammy Christianson of Ndinawemaaganag Endaawaad Inc, (better known as Ndinawe) but she hasn’t come back with a $ figure. She talks about giving the volunteers an honorarium (SJF $ can’t be used for that), giving honorariums to people coming to “teach” them stuff (again, can’t do that).
. Gus will keep us informed.
8. Next meeting August 26, Tuesday (it was decided to cancel the June 18th meeting)
9. Adjournment at 6:45
· Stephanie moved
· Darlene seconded