Attendees: Frank Janz, Darlene McClure, Dawn MacAulay, Jennifer Barron, Shelley Mosbeck, Kristin Beauchamp, Mike Chubey, Gloria Kelly, Sheilagh Hanson, Gus Mardli, Greg Ballendine, Faye Kingyens , Sheri Parent, Christine Dmyterko
Winnipeg Area Council Minutes
Monday June 8, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
PSAC Regional Office
175 Hargrave Ave
Attendees: Frank Jantz, Darlene McClure, Dawn MacAulay, Jennifer Barron, Shelley Mosbeck, Kristin Beauchamp, Mike Chubey, Gloria Kelly, Sheilagh Hanson, Gus Mardli, Greg Ballendine, Faye Kingyens , Sheri Parent, Christine Dmyterko
1. Call to Order at 5:42
2. Round table introductions
3. PSAC Statement on Harassment – Gloria read it
4. Adoption of Agenda – Gloria moved to accept it, Darlene seconded it, accepted by all
5. Adoption of Minutes – February 25thand March 12, 2015
– add Gloria’s first name to the February minutes
– Darlene moved to accept the February minutes
– Gloria seconded the motion
– accepted by all
– correct the spelling of Lorelei`s name in the March minutes
– Dawn moved to accept the March minutes
– Darlene seconded the March minutes
– accepted by all
6. PLANNING – Political Action – Red River Ex Activity / Booth
Tracy went over the logistics of:
– Getting into The Ex, new parking lot, new entrance to Exhibition Place
– Told is about the set-up of the booth, the laptop that has the program on a loop
– Free draw for an IPad Air Mini
– Themes are:
o Federal election
o Changes that the government is making
o The job cuts that affect food safety
o Veterans (the phone # they’ve given is not being monitored!)
o The pipeline that will endanger water safety
o The job cuts that affect us in so many other ways
– There will be suckers, balloons and stickers for the kids
Tracy will ensure that the talking points are in the binder.
7. PLANNING – Federal Election Plans
– town hall
– door-knocking in targeted ridings (there are 2 or 3)
– Robin and the CLC President are coming here in July
– leadership tour – a lively discussion ensued
– we need to talk to our members
– mail-out to members
Greg will take the lead on the town hall meeting.
Gus will take the lead on the Mil-out.
8. Next meeting Wednesday, August 19 at 5:30.
9. Adjournment at 7:40.
– Gloria moved
– Greg seconded the motion
– all in favour