We Are All Affected
PSAC has launched an online campaign for people to send Harper an “affected” letter telling him that his services will no longer be required after the 2015 election.
The Prairie Region is home to the Prime Minister and 10 Ministers, including:
- Right Hon. Stephen Harper (Calgary Southwest), Prime Minister
- Hon. Rona Ambrose (Edmonton-Spruce Grove), Minister of Public Works and Government Services
- Hon. Jason Kenney (Calgary Southeast), Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism
- Hon. Diane Ablonczy (Calgary – Nose Hill), Minister of State of Foreign Affairs (Americas and Consular Affairs)
- Hon. Ted Menzies (Macleod), Minister of State (Finance)
- Hon. Tim Uppal (Edmonton – Sherwood Park), Minister of State (Democratic Reform)
- Hon. Vic Toews (Provencher), Minister of Public Safety
- Hon. Steven Fletcher (Charleswood-St. James-Assiniboia), Minister of State (Transport)
- Hon. Gerry Ritz (Battlefords – Lloydminster), Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food
- Hon. Lynne Yelich (Blackstrap), Minister of State (Western Economic Diversification)
Over the course of the summer, they will be meeting with constituents and attending or hosting events. Your mission is to coordinate with activists in your area to deliver affected letters to the Ministers, and the other Conservative backbenchers.
We must also use every opportunity to encourage members to sign the online petition – from a personal e-mail address, not work.
Let’s show this government that Prairies members won’t go quietly and are willing to stand up to defend public services in the communities we live in.