Southern Saskatchewan Geographical Rep
Prairie Region Council November 2018
It has been an active time in Southern Saskatchewan with, information pickets at casino Regina on pay cuts, Labour day picnic, Phoenix pay system rally, pride events, orange shirt day. To name a few a few that I did take part in.
Unfortunately, I was unable to attend all events this past five months that I would have liked to attended as I had an injury this June that left me unable to attend some of this events as I recovered.
I have also attended workshops and training sessions put on by the RO.
Over the past the past months I have worked closely with the regional office in Regina.
I have attended Area council meetings. Sitting on the executive for this committee. I have guided them on some issues and worked with them on some team building. I have also chaired for Regina Human rights committee this committee is a still in stage of re-development. But has seen much success several new members showing up for meetings.
Issues that still burn strong here in southern Saskatchewan:
- The fight against crowns and casinos on pay cuts.
- The lack of involvement at members at local and committee council meetings.
- Phoenix pay system.
Goals for future:
- To keep working with the RO and committees to draw in more members to attend meetings.
- Continue to reach out and contact with all the locals and explain the purpose of all the committees as I have heard from several members they do not know what the committees do.
- I will keep standing up in rallies for crowns.
- To keep working with SLF and other unions in solidarity.
- To keep all members informed on upcoming events.
- To keep fighting to fix phoenix pay system.
Lastly because this report is due November 22.
The phoenix pay system rally on November 25 will make my next report as well as a where has the money gone rally November 24 a rally against Saskatchewan government.
Please contact me if you have any questions.