Attendance: Corinne McKay, Tasha Felix, Louise Mardell, Brenda Brittain, Gloria Pfeiffer
Meeting held by Zoom
- Review minutes of last meeting and accept
- Minutes reviewed and accepted
- Review Agenda and accept
- Reviewed and accepted
- Sisters in Spirit Walk – Oct 4, SRWC volunteered at the walk, handing out lunches to participants. Thanks to Amy Saengmany, Brenda Brittain, Tasha Felix for making time.
- Financial Report – Tasha
- Bank balance: $468.14
- Outstanding cheque: Cheque #23 for $200 is outstanding & stale dated. Will re-issue a cheque to Saskatoon Mother’s Centre and balance will drop to $268.14.
- Land Acknowledgment and Harassment Statement
- Louise acknowledged
- Myrna LaPlante
- Speaker: Myrna LaPlante
- Iskwewuk E-wichitiwitochik is an organization that arose from the crisis of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls (MMIWG). Myrna spoke of her own experiences with missing family members but also talked about other missing girls and women and their families who are frantic with worry and grief. This organization is not a registered corporation, but they do take donations for the work that they do supporting families and raising awareness. The organization thrives on financial support, moral support and building awareness.
- Iskwewuk E-wichitiwitochik was instrumental in facilitating the participation of Saskatchewan families in the MMIWG National Inquiry.
- Read the 23 Calls for Justice from the Inquiry: https://www.mmiwg-ffada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Calls_for_Justice.pdf
- The next meeting should be in November for the purpose of appointing an interim chair in advance of the AGM in January. Corinne will retire from public service November 17.
- Meeting Adjourned