Saskatoon Regional Women’s Committee Minutes – May , 2019
Minutes of the Saskatoon Regional Women’s Committee May 21, 2019
Attenance: Audrey Berlovan, Corinne McKay, Brenda Brittan, Louise Mardell
- Reviewed previous minutes accepted
Guest – Myrna Laplante – Co-chair of Iskwewuk E-wichiwitochik (Women Walking Together)
- Myrna shared with us her journey dealing with missing relatives and how this has brought her to the support and work she has been able to do with MMIW as well as several other missing person’s cases.
- She challenged everyone to show support by donating money, food, water and time when searches are being conducted, attend memorial walks as well as share missing person’s posters.
- October 4 is the next Sister in Spirit annual vigil – encouraged attendance to show support
- Asked for everyone to join their Facebook page
- Waiting for our budget to be approved by the Regional office.
Next Meeting will be Sept 17, 2019.
No other business meeting adjourned