Saskatoon Regional Women’s Committee Meeting Minutes – March 19, 2019
Minutes of the Saskatoon Regional Women’s Committee March 19, 2019
Attendance: Audrey Berlovan, Corinne McKay, Tasha Felix, Nicole Dancey, Melissa McGrath, Tamara Young, Nicole White
- Reviewed previous minutes accepted
Moon Time Sisters – Nicole White
- Nicole talked about how moon time sisters was started – she saw a need and from there this organization has helped hundreds of less fortunate females get the feminine supplies needed that most woman take for granted.
- L’Oreal Paris Canada today announced the remarkable recipients of its third annual Women of Worth program. The philanthropic initiative recognizes a diverse group of women who find beauty in giving back through their volunteerism and honours the inspired contributions they make in their communities. Ten extraordinary female leaders have been selected for the significant impact they have made across a breadth of causes and important initiatives. The honorees join an esteemed alumnus of Canadian women who tirelessly devote themselves to build a future that is compassionate, inclusive, constructive and essential for making change. Each Honoree will be receiving a $10,000 grant for her charity, as well as an all-expense paid trip for two to the Awards Gala held in Toronto on March 8, International Women’s Day. Nicole White, Moon Time Sisters in Saskatoon, SK is an activist for women’s rights and social equality and helps supply menstrual products to those with little or no access in Northern Indigenous communities and beyond
- Moon time sisters has started their annual collection drive. Pads, tampon, menstrual cups and reusable options may be dropped off at the PSAC Regional Office.
- April 6th and 7th will be the work bee to sort count and package all products to be delivered to Northern areas.
Planning and Budget
- Corinne has submitted the budget for this year
- Tamara will create an Instagram account and work on the facebook page
- Nicole will work on a poster/bulletin so help promote the SRWC
- Goal to get 10 new ladies to the next meeting
- Audrey will talk to Jackie and Louise and see if there is a distribution list that we could send calendar invites for the meetings
Next Meeting will be May 21st with guest speaker Myrna Laplante from Missing and Murdered Indigenous Woman.
No other business meeting adjourned