Please join us at a meeting Feb 1, 5:00 PM, Via Zoom for the AGM (Annual General Meeting) of the Saskatoon Regional Women’s Committee. . You will need to register in advance to receive the zoom invite.
We want to ensure that the Saskatoon Women are a strong part of our union and that their voices are heard. The Committee works together, in a safe space, on the priorities and brings women together on other common social justice goals for our community. We network and work side-by-side with racialized women, Indigenous women, lesbians, bisexual and trans women and women with disabilities to advance equality in their region and the labour movement so that the union is more inclusive.
The Women’s Committee current priorities are:
- Childcare campaign
- Ending Violence Against Aboriginal Women
- Domestic Violence Leave
- Pay Equity
- Preparing for the next National Women’s Conference for 2023
Agenda February 23, 2023 4:30 P.M.
- Treaty 6 Land Acknowledgement and Introductions
- Adoption of the agenda (Renata, A/Chairperson)
- Review & adoption of previous minutes – November 30th (Tasha)
- Discussion – 2021 Financial Report, 2022 Activities, 2022 Budget (Tasha)
- Roles of Committee Executive Members (Tasha)
- Elections of Chairperson(s), Secretary, & Treasurer
- Other business arising
- Round Table
- Schedule next meeting
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.