Saskatoon & District Women’s Committee Minutes – December 6, 2017
Minutes of the Saskatoon and District Women’s Committee
December 6, 2017
In attendance: Leila White, Corinne McKay, Marine Liu, Janette Husack.
Also in attendance: Louise Mardell PSAC Regional Representative
Call to Order at 17:30 hours
• Reviewed and accepted Previous Minutes discussed outstanding minutes from April 12th meeting and the importance of these minutes for our reporting requirements.
• Dec 6 – Violence Against Women/Polytechnic Remembrance. Discussed the Murder by Misogyny that occurred on December 6th, 1989 in Montreal. Women were remembered by reading of their names and discussed the importance to continue to remember who they were yearly and the importance to continue work on protecting violence against women.
• Financial Reporting – Discussed outstanding financial report. Staff of PSAC Saskatoon Office have generously volunteered to assist in completing the report. Leila will attend the office on December 13th to complete the 2016 report.
• Year in Review – Both Corinne and Leila are remorseful that they were not able to follow up on the many plans that they had for the year for the committee. They will each submit a report outlining the activities that they participated in thought-out the year and will endeavour to build a dynamic and active committee into 2018.
• Corinne suggested that we set meeting every other month on the third Tuesday at 1730 hours to facilitate more participation. Meetings have been set for 1730 hours on the following dates in 2018:
o January 16th
o March 20th
o May 15th
o July 17th
o September 18th
o November 20th
• From discussions had on the October 28th meeting it was suggested that the meetings be broadcasted live on Facebook to allow women who would like to participate but who cannot attend to office to participate. This broadcast could also be reviewed by any PSAC committee member post meeting to provide input into the discussion prior to the next committee meeting. It was decided that we would proceed with the Facebook Live broadcast.
• Moon Time Sisters – also from the October 28th meeting it was suggested that the committee promote and support Moon Time Sisters in collecting Feminine Hygiene products to women and girls in need. It was agreed that we will do so and Leila volunteered to make a poster, promote, and do a mail out to the locals.
• Adjournment at 1830 hours