Saskatoon Area Council Meeting
June 2, 2022 2 5:30 P.M. CST via Zoom
Present: Gloria Pfeifer (RVP for Saskatchewan, Local 40350), Louise Mardell (PSAC Rep), Elena Beynon (VP Local 40022), Dawn Montegrant (Geo Rep), and Kelsey Oram (President Local 40161)
- Land Acknowledgment
- Review and Adoption of Agenda
Motioned to accept agenda Gloria, Elena seconded
- Review and Adoption of Previous Minutes
Motioned to accept minutes by Gloria, Elena seconded
- Treasurer’s Report
Balance is $110.28 and we have not heard back about approval of our budget yet.
We submitted our budget for 2022 along with out 2021 financial statements and requested approval for summer snack program (300) and $100 for pride parade.
Kelsey requested approval for the Summer Snack Program donation and an estimated amount for Pride Parade and Kelsey will follow up with Marianne after this meeting.
- New Business
- Pride Parade will be in person June 18, 2022– do we want to organize a group or volunteer with Pride Saskatoon as parade marshals? Yes, we will participate in Pride. Elena will arrange a time to pick up the PSAC Pride flags from Louise at the office.
- Donation to the Summer Snack Program and Volunteer Days. Yes. We would like to make our annual donation to SSP and we are available to volunteer with SSP on July 8 to 22. Kelsey will send an email to canvass the membership for volunteering on those days.
- Louise: June is National Indigenous Month
- Round Table
Louise: PSAC’s office has reopened, we can have in-person meetings. To do so, a staff member must let us in and verifies vaccinations of all attendees.
Louise is in the office Mon-Wed.
Jacqueline Maurice is gone for 4 months as an acting rep. Dawn McLeod has stepped in for this period.
Triennial Convention is on right now.
Louise encouraged us to get involved with Thirsty for Justice – clean drinking water initiative by PSAC
- Next Meeting will be scheduled for July 6 at 5:30 p.m.