Saskatoon Area Council PSAC
Meeting 6 p.m. June 1, 2021
Attendance: Kelsey Oram (Justice Canada), Elena Beynon (Ag Canada), Tara Zwozdesky (PPSC), Gregory Peterson (Ag Canada) and Louise Mardel (Rep)
- Land Acknowledgment of Treaty 6
- Pride Festivals are happening virtually this year.
- Would we like to submit a video to the Saskatoon Pride Festival?
- Discussed themes of allyship and inclusion
- Discussion of entrance fee of $50 and it was agreed that this was within our budget for the year. We had budgeted $100 for pride.
- Kelsey to send an email to Marianne Hladun to approve fees for putting a virtual pride video into the Saskatoon Pride Festival
- Discussion of cover email to send out to members
- Agreed to June 4 as the deadline for member’s video submission
- Tara volunteered submit a video and would get a video submission from her partner
- Agreed that anyone including children should get parent/guardian permission
- Kelsey volunteered to draft the cover email to members
- Habitat for Humanity
- Elena followed up. They are not accepting volunteers for their projects this year
- Louise spoke about the Residential School in Kamloops and her close ties to residential schools in Saskatchewan. This is not our history and is very much within our generation. We took a moment to acknowledge the 215 children in Kamloops and the survivors of residential schools.
- Summer Snack Program
- Would we like to participate in going out and volunteering in the parks?
- Tara has a contact (Nancy Johnson) at Summer Snack Program and agreed to reach out to them on our behalf to see if they are accepting volunteers.
Meeting adjourned at 7 p.m.