Saskatoon Area Council Meeting ( March 2011)
Minutes from the Saskatoon Area Council Meeting held on March 7, 2011
Saskatoon and District Area Council
March 7, 2011
Jackie Nettleton, AGR; Elena Beynon, AGR; Rosemary Neufeld, AGR; Carol Casey, Heather Longstaff, Marianne Hladun, AGR; Barry Stolar, USGE; Louise Mardell, Nicole Wurm, AGR.
Guy Leblanc and Ayold Elgersma, PSAC/UCTE Local 40404.
1. Strike Support
· Guy Leblanc and Ayold Elgersma presented current situation regarding negotiations with their employer on their collective agreement which expired in June 2010.
· Members involved in labour dispute voted 91%in favour of strike action, rejecting employer’s final offer.
· Possible demonstrations planned for Thursday, March 10 at the SaskatoonAirport.
· Employees preparing for mid-month strike.
· Hand-outs given for further information.
2. Proposed Budget Review
· A proposed budget was handed out and amendments made for final submission.
· By consensus, final budget is $4,0000.00.
· Jackie to request extension of March 11th deadline for finance report submission to Robyn Benson, REVP, as the former Treasurer has been absent.
· Marianne submitted 3 resolutions which were discussed:
a. Funding Resolutions: passed.
b. Regulation 15 Resolution: amendments were made and the resolution passed.
c. PSAC Constitution Resolution: amendments were made and the resolution passed.
· Resolutions to be sent to Robyn Benson, REVP, for Convention Resolution Committee.