Minutes from the March 9th, 2015 Saskatoon & District Area Council AGM
Saskatoon and District Area Council
March 9, 2015
Annual General meeting
Present: Jackie Nettleton, Karen Zoller, Nancy Johnson, Nicole Wurm, Barry Stolar
Regrets: Evelyn Jackson, Jackie Maurice
Meeting began at 5:40 pm
Minutes from February 18th reviewed and accepted.
Today’s agenda reviewed and accepted.
Jackie gave a review of the past year’s events that members participated in:
- 2014 Prairie Region Convention Host Committee
- April 28th Day of Mourning
- GCWCC campaign award
- Pride Parade March
- Labour Day BBQ information table and helping with food prep
- Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Seasonal PSAC Open House with guest speaker from the SFL
- As of January 31st 2015, bank statement available at $955.82.
- Nicole completed the annual financial report and it will be audited by members on the Regional Women’s Committee.
- Review and acceptance of the 2015 proposed budget.
- Nicole to update the financial report to reflect budget item.
Election of Officers
- President Jackie Nettleton accepted (n/s Nancy/Karen Zoller)
- Vice President Elena Beynon accepted, via letter (n/s Karen Zoller/Nancy Johnson)
- Secretary/Treasurer Nancy Johnson accepted (n/s Jackie Nettleton/Nicole Wurm )
Approval of Bylaws
- Jackie moved that Bylaw 3: Membership Section 2 Paragraph 2, and the 1st paragraph of Section 3, be eliminated from the Saskatoon Area Council Bylaws – passed.
- March 19th National Day of Solidarity discussion and planning
- Calls will be made to inform members and allies of the event
- Nancy to request list of contacts and to determine if the Saskatchewan Federation of Labour has been contacted
- Saskatoon District Labour Council to be contacted for members to attend
- Jackie to research food options
Resolutions received back:
- FIN-019 – Out of Order
- NEGO-049 – Referred Back