Despite the efforts of the PSAC bargaining teams, there has been very little progress at the bargaining tables. Beginning this year, the PSAC Regina Regional Office will be offering strike preparation training sessions for Treasury Board Units – EB, PA, SV, TC. Full Course and Workshop training sessions.
Despite the efforts of the PSAC bargaining teams, there has been very little progress at the bargaining tables. Beginning this year, the PSAC Regina Regional Office will be offering strike preparation training for all Treasury Board Units – EB, PA, SV, TC bargaining units.
Training Location – All training sessions will be held at the PSAC Regina Regional Office located at 2445-13th Avenue, 2nd floor Boardroom.
Option 1: We want a minimum of two members from each Treasury Board Local to attend one full day strike preparation course.
Choose either date on the registration form:
Saturday, February 1, 9 am-5 pm or
Saturday, February 29, 9 am-5 pm
The full day of training is split into 3 sections and will cover:
- Understanding Strikes: (what is a strike, strike principles, goals of a strike, challenges faced during strikes)
- Strike Administration and Responsibilities: (strike structure, pickets and picket lines, essential services, mobilizing for success and injunctions)
- Communicating With Stakeholders: (the authorities, news media and social media)
The goal is to assist Locals to formulate an action plan to organize their members in the case of a strike. All salaries and/or expenses will be covered by the PSAC.
We encourage you to sign up for this valuable training, as the best way to avoid a strike is to be prepared for one!
Option 2: We are offering evening workshops, for Treasury Board members that have questions about a potential strike, but will not be playing a lead role in the strike preparations.
Choose one session on the registration form, a light supper will be provided, salaries and/or expenses will be covered by the PSAC.
Tuesday, January 21, 5:30-8:30 pm or
Thursday, January 30, 5:30-8:30 pm or
Thursday, February 13, 5:30-8:30 pm or
Tuesday, February 18, 5:30-8:30 pm
The objectives for this strike preparation training are to:
- Know your role as a strike participant
- Be prepared to picket effectively
- Anticipate and be able to respond to any personal problems that may arise
- Be able to conduct an effective strike action
- Be empowered to motivate others