Meeting minutes for November 22, 2016
PSAC Regina Women’s Committee Meeting
November 22, 2016
Present: Daniela Aubichon, Michelle Lang, Debbi Bernhardt, Sandra Ahenakew, Martha Johnson
Call to order: 5:26
Minutes of the previous meeting were approved.
- Transaction log was presented.
- Cheque for $100 deposit to the Eastview Community Centre did not go through yet.
- Rental for the Eastview Community Centre is $350 for the day.
Sandra, Secretary of RWC, will request financial report a week before scheduled RWC meetings and have copies ready for upcoming meeting.
- Boris & Clayton from the Casino are donating their time for the Self Defense course. RWC will be making a donation of $200 to Sophia House in lieu of payment to Boris & Clayton.
- Debbi is picking up water, juice and granola bars for December 11 Self Defense course.
- Michelle, Daniela and Sandra will be staying the full day on December 11. Martha will also be attending.
- PSAC Open House holiday gathering December 16, 2016 from 5:30 – 8:00. RWC along with the Human Rights committee and Area Council will host the event. Members will be asked to RSVP and bring a non-perishable food donation for the Regina Food Bank.
- Unions of Regina Christmas Dinner is December 20, 2016 at the Delta Hotel. Volunteers are asked to sign up online through RDLC if the link doesn’t work call the SFL to volunteer.
- Resolution for Triennial Convention is December 8, 2016
Michelle will write a resolution and send to RWC committee members. (Topic domestic violence)
Election for Delegate to 2017 National Equity Conference
Debbi nominated Michelle as delegate seconded by Daniela
Michelle nominated Debbi as delegate seconded by Daniela
Michelle was elected by consensus and Debbi will be the alternate
Election was held by consensus
No RWC meeting scheduled for December
Meeting adjourned at 6:14 P.M.