Regina RWC Mtg Minutes – Jan 5 2009
In Attendance: By Conference Call: Laura Omoth, Tanya Galenzoski; In Person: Suzanne Huggins, Trayce Fayant, Melissa Brandt, Connie Gress
MINUTES REGINA REGIONAL WOMENS COMMITTEE
JANUARY 5, 2009
BY CONFERENCE CALL: Laura Omoth, Tanya Galenzoski
IN PERSON: Suzanne Huggins, Trayce Fayant, Melissa Brandt, Connie Gress
1. Motion to approve the minutes as presented :
– Motion by Tanya; Seconded by Laura; Carried
– After outstanding cheques/approved in previous meetings are signed off, there will be $3, 104.18 in the bank. $1500 of that are funds provided in 2008 for the womens conference from Robyn Benson.
– Brief discussion on budget for 09 – Laura requested that Picket Line Support budget line be discussed when we are having budget meeting.
– Good Food Box for Sophia House did not happen in December, due to time constraints. Discussion to still provide for Family day in February – Moved by Laura; Seconded by Melissa; Carried.
3. Think Tank – Discussion regarding 3 committees having joint meetings. Neither chair has responded to Trayces’ request by email. Discussion resulted in RWC (Trayce) will propose a meeting of the 3 committees on February 3 at 5:30to discuss.
4. Unions of ReginaDinner – Update – Connie, Suzanne, Geri Starr and ? attended. Very good turnout. Lots of positive comments from the guests – such as “the unions put on the best Christmas Dinner”.
5. Womens Workshop – March 7, 2009
– Location – Eastview Community Centre – Trayce has gotten us a deal for the day only $150 for both rooms and kitchen – compared to $375. If no function is booked in the evening before – we can go in and set up.
– Speakers – Confirmed:
o Sandra Ahenakew – Breast Cancer Survivor – Cost- $200 (cheque to be made to Doubting Thomas Productions – this company were responsible for the video she will present)
o Janice Bernier – Board of Directors, United Way– will speak on Food Security and the Food Security Endowment Fund. – Cost $200 donation to the Food Security Endowment Fund
– Speakers/guests – Not Confirmed:
o Young woman who escaped gang/street violence
§ Trayce to get confirmation by this week, including costs.
o Self Defense for Women
§ Suzanne to get confirmation and costs this week
o Coyote Singers/Drummers – Laura to check this week to see if they are available to open – and get costs.
o Master of Ceremonies: Peggy Martin-Maguire – Suzanne to check if she is available.
– To do:
§ to get info regarding catering for lunch from Street Culture and children’s entertainment
§ check with community centre re: DVD player and screen
o Connie to check on projection machine from CLC
o Tanya to call RO re: donations such as hotel room for draws
o Discussion about contacting our components for SWAG
o Connie will get mini-door prizes once numbers are confirmed
o Connie to provide draft estimates for breakfast at 50 people
o Tanya will check with her daycare to find 2 childcare workers for childcare
§ We will pay $10 per person per hour (2 people) for 8 hours
o Posters and invites need to go out by first week in February at latest.
6. Next Meeting – Monday January 12 – Budget Meeting/followup to this meeting – Trayce to check for availability of RO and advise all; Next Regular Meeting February 2.