Regina Human Rights Minutes October 11, 2016

Meeting minutes for October 11, 2016

SOUTHERN SASKATCHEWAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE
MEETING MINUTES
OCTOBER 11, 2016

Opening
The meeting was called to order at 5:31 P.M.

In Attendance
Marlene Hoce, Tim Hubick, Deanna Getz, Michelle Lang, Daniela Aubichon, Sandra Ahenakew

Regrets
Amber Maxie, Cherylyn Shewchuck, Satinder Bains, Brett Pollard

Approval of Agenda
The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.    Sandra/Michelle

Approval of Minutes from September 20, 2016 meeting
The minutes were unanimously approved as distributed.       Tim/Daniela

Discussion on December Persons with Disabilities event.
Michelle contacted Mobile Crisis – they can provide a speaker they need the possible dates and times for the event. Michelle will follow up and email the committee once finalized.
Michelle will ask if there will be a charge for the speaker.

Daniela spoke with Mental Health Association about having someone speak at event.  They do have a charge associated – an honorarium. Daniela will follow up and confirm the date and time of the event and report back to the committee.

Tim Hubick will facilitate a one hour workshop on Mental Health.

Marlene suggests we have refreshments – fruit tray and vegy tray, juices, coffee and tea.

There was a discussion on the budget for this event. Deanna Getz suggested $500. 
•    $100 for donation to Mobile Crisis for the speaker
•    $100 for honorarium for Mental Health Association speaker 
•    $100 for refreshments
•    $200 miscellaneous (in the event at we have to rent an alternate venue -Union Hall was suggested. Michelle will check the availability and accessibility of Union Hall – in the event that we have a large number of participants attending the event. 

It was suggested the event take place December 3 or December 10 from 1:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M 

We will create a poster and have the PSAC RO send to all Locals in Regina and surrounding areas and post on the PSAC website – HR Committee members will share the date and event details through Social media.

Deanna made suggestion on possible agenda for event. Once the speakers are confirmed the committee can finalize Agenda for the event.
Other Business
Sandra, with the help of Daniela and Deanna will send a budget request to Marianne H. of $500. Include an explanation on how we are planning on spending the budget, a rough agenda, how we plan on advertising, Date, Time and location.

We will have participants RSVP by November 10. They can call the PSAC office to register.

Next planning meeting is set for November 15, 2016 at 5:30 at PSAC boardroom.

Sandra will contact Keith to book boardroom for November 15 meeting and also ask if December 3 and December 10 are available as well.

Discussion around delegate to Triennial Convention – – Deadline to register is January 31, 2017.

Human rights Committee will elect/select delegate. Call out will be sent November 15 and delegate will be decided at November 29, 2016 meeting.

Upcoming meetings November 29, 2016 and December 13, 2016 both at 5:30 at PSAC boardroom.

Adjournment
Michelle moved to adjourn at 6:25 P.M.