Meeting Minutes for Regina Human Rights January 5, 2016
Human Rights Committee Meeting Minutes
January 5, 2016
PSAC Office – 2445 13th Avenue
1. Call to Order : 5:35 PM
2. Approval of the Agenda:
(M) Sandra (S) Michelle Carried
3. Review and approval of the previous meeting’s minutes from December 8, 2015
(M) Tim (S) Amber Carried
Discussion on PSAC Financial Reporting Requirements for committees and what is required to have the HR committee in good standing. (Requirements listed in PSAC Prairie Region Funding & Reporting Procedures)
Brett, Amber and Sandra have an appointment with the Affinity Credit Union on Scarth Street on Friday January 8, 2016 at noon to change signing authorities.
5. Previous business
Sandra contacted the REVP Marianne Hladun to find out what was required of the Human Rights Committee in order to become a committee in good standing. REVP advised Sandra to follow the procedures outlined in the PSAC Prairie Region Funding & Reporting Procedures found on the PSAC Prairie Region Website
6. New business
1) RDLC is having an Equity and Human Rights Conference February 19 & 20, 2016
Sandra will contact the RDLC and enquire what about the requirements for members registering for the conference; does the Local have to be affiliated with RDLC to attend? Do Locals have to be up to date with affiliation dues to be eligible to attend? Sandra will email HR committee members her findings.
2) Amber brought up Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW). The Federal Government has begun choosing members for the inquiry into MMIW. We should push to have a member of the HR committee sit on MMIW inquiry.
Amber is a member of Committee for the Advancement of Native Employment (CANE) and Saskatchewan Region SAFE committee. The SAFE committee is meeting with the Deputy Minister on January 18, 2016 and will find out more information on how committee members for the MMIW are chosen and report back to HR committee.
3) Michelle Lang discussed the ongoing Strike at the Best Western Seven Oakes in north Regina. The Local will be holding a rally from 5 – 6 PM on Wednesday January 6, 2016. We should support their strike.
Sandra will follow up with Michael Schell regarding the return PSAC PRIDE flags and materials.
8. Next meeting date, time and location
The Human Rights Committee AGM is scheduled for Tuesday February 23, 2016 at 5:30 PM at the PSAC office.
Sandra will create and send a poster for the upcoming AGM.
9. Adjournment 6:15 PM
Michelle moved to adjourn, Daniella seconded