Committee Members Present
Jessica Bonish (CEIU)
Jennifer Beattie (Local 40031 CIU)
Diane White (PSAC regional rep)
Daniela Furkert (PSAC Casino Regina)
Chantal (Service Canada)
Troy Tiefenbach (CEIU)
Tim Hubick (USJE/ committee chair)
Robinson Joseph (AGR Swift Current) +
Meeting Chaired by: Tim Hubick
- Call to order 5: 40
- Land acknowledgement. Tim Hubick read the land acknowledgement
- Harassment Statement. Tim Hubick read the Harassment Statement
- Motion to adopt Agenda as amended. Moved by Jessica and second by Daniela. Motion passed unanimously.
- Election for the vacant position of secretary. Election conducted by Diane White. Tim Hubick nominated Robinson Joseph, second by Jessica Bonish. Robinson Joseph was elected by acclamation
- Round of introduction
- Motion to review and approve minutes from last meeting – July 12 2022. Moved by Daniela, second by Jessica. Motion was carried
- Financial Report presented by Daniela: Account Bank Balance as of September 30, 2022 is $7,320.40. Motion to accept report was moved by Daniela and second be Jessica. Motion passed
- Old Business: Tim – Labour Day went very well considering everything that was going on in the province at the time with the James Smith Cree Nation incidents. 750 to 800 people visited our booth. Location was great and moving forward, that is where we will be having Labour Day. Thanks to everyone who showed up and supported.
- New Business: Diane– All bargaining with PSAC members is heating up. National Day of Action is being requested on Nov 28th, locals are asked to do an action on this day, in the evening there will be a national event with speakers via Zoom. Anyone with an idea or need any support, let me know.
Tim– Prairie Region Council met in September, and one of the activities was how to increase membership at committees and area council. At Prairie Regional Council, we are working on action plan for some of the issues facing members especially on equity groups. Strike training is coming up. Please sign up. Resolutions for convention- should start now in view of up-coming conventions. Training for resolution writing is available.
- Round Table: Diane– Public Interest Commission dates have been posted. EB group November 21, 2022 and again on December12-13; PA group is November 28 – December 1; SP group is November28-30; PC group December 9.
- Motion for adjournment moved by Jessica at 6:15PM