Committee Members Present
Daniela Furkert (PSAC Casino Regina)
Tim Hubick (RCMP 40002 Depo. committee chair)
Jessica Bonish (CEIU local 40811)
Brea Baresinkoff (CIU Local 40031)
Brayden Haul (CEIU local 40811)
Crystal Flood (CEIU local 40811)
Kiranjit Kaur (CEIU local 40811)
Amy Stoik (CEIU local 40811)
Wendy Bot (CEIU local 40811)
Adam Booker (CEIU Local 40811)
Shawna Goodman (CEIU local 40811)
Maureen McFadden (CEIU local 40811)
Krista McLean (CEIU local 40811)
Avis Richardson (CEIU local 40811)
Peter Chau (CEIU local 40811)
Tina Flannigan (CEIU local 40811)
Courtney Morrow (CEIU local 40811)
Diane White (PSAC Regional Rep)
Robinson Joseph (AAFC Local 40054 Swift Current)
Meeting Chaired by: Tim Hubick
- Call to order 5: 30
- Land acknowledgement. Tim Hubick read the land acknowledgement
- Harassment Statement. Tim Hubick read the Harassment Statement
- Round of introduction
- Housekeeping. (Dianne White) acknowledged the good turnout, thanked Jessica for mobilizing members.
We love seeing new members coming to committee meetings such as Area Council meetings, Regional Committee meetings, Human Rights Committee meetings and we are working on the Young Workers Committee meeting.
One aspect that makes part of Area Council is the bylaws. The bylaws are the rules of how a committee operates. Example, we need to have 3 members of the executive to meet a quorum
There are specific criteria set out by PSAC constitution and the bylaws of Area Council. A council must be in compliance in conjunction with PSAC constitution about who can vote. Only members in good standing can vote. Each affiliated local or branch and DCL shall be entitled 2 delegates for the first 500 members and 1 additional delegate for each additional 500 members
After breakout room session, Adam Booker, Brayden Haul, and Shawna Goodman were selected as members that will be voting for CEIU.
- Financial Report presented by Daniela: Account Bank Balance as of January 1, 2023 is $839.25. We paid $2.50 per month as banking fees between February 2023 and July 2023. We accumulated a total of $15.00 as service fees. $1500.00 was deposited into committee bank account, bringing the total balance to $2343.52. Banking mailing address was updated. Alex as a signing authority has to be updated. Michelle name will stand as a replacement.
Motion to accept report was moved by Daniela and second by Shawna. Motion passed
- Old Business: 1) Motions to adopt minutes from last meeting was moved by Brea and was seconded by Brayden. Motion passed. 2) Tim acknowledged that committee is in good standing in response to Brea’s question in regards to committee status to incur expenses.
- New Business: 1) Removal of Alex name on bank signing authority. Motion moved by Daniela Furkert and seconded by Brea Baresinkoff. Motion carried. 2) Adding Michelle Lang as a bank signing authority. Motion moved by Daniela Furkert and seconded by Brea Baresinkoff.
- Round Table: Diane White. PSAC virtual and in-person training are out. Grievance handling, TUB, Introducing PSAC Regional Committees, Duty to Accommodate, Congress of union retirees, Understanding Human Rights and more.
- Motion for adjournment moved by Brea Baresinkoff at 7:26PM August 16, 2023