6:00 PM (MST), March 3, 2021
Attendees: Stephanie Erb (30048), Sherry Hunt (30048), Danielle Poissant (30907), Krysty Thomas (30048), Dolly Ablitt (PSAC, Calgary RO)
1) Call to order: 6:05 PM (MST)
3) Approval of the Agenda:
- Approved by consensus
4) Review Previous AGM Minutes (March 10, 2020):
- Reviewed via screen share from Sherry
- MS: Krysty/Danielle. Motion: carried
5) Financial Review:
Stephanie (treasurer) reported:
- Financial report for tonight’s meeting (Jan 1-Feb 28) M/S: S. Erb/ D. Poissant, Motion: carried
- Annual financial report for 2020 M/S: S. Erb/ K. Thomas. Motion: carried
6) Election of Executive:
K. Thomas (Area Council PRC Representative) chairs election.
Nominee: Sherry Hunt
M/S: S. Erb/D. Poissant. Acclaimed
Nominee: Danielle Poissant.
M/S: S. Hunt/S. Erb. Acclaimed
Nominee: Stephanie Erb
M/S: D. Poissant/S. Hunt. Acclaimed
Motion to change the signatories for the PSAC Lethbridge Regional Women’s Committee bank account, Removing Karen Mah and adding Sherry Hunt and Krysty Thomas.
M/S: K. Thomas/Sherry Hunt Motion: carried
- Rotating duty for secretary
- Work we are doing (Dolly said) is second to none!
- Calgary committee virtual paint night – had new people that had never attended union meeting before.
- App called Clubhouse Dolly has joined. Like a clubhouse with a multilevel clubhouse. Rooms built on topics you want to discuss.
- Can be moderator or listener or both.
- Sign up (need to be invited right now) before going in.
- Topics range on a variety of topics. Can create a space in the clubhouse to talk about anything.
- People who have something to offer can go in. Can do profile and select areas of interest.
- If the topic is set up, it can alert you (or if someone starts a chat). If you’re interested, you can go in and participate.
- Could be a huge tool for union activists. (Building locals, equality, union apathy, challenging racism etc.).
- Functions that allow you to do things…like mics flashing instead of clapping.
- Platform just being built so have to be invited right now
- Rules and group guidelines exists
- No recordings of sessions
- Lots going on in her life-busy at home and work.
- Medicine Hat Women’s shelter made buttons-she will send us some.
- Buttons are being sold to raise funds for the Medicine Hat Women’s Shelter Society
- 2021 YWCA Women of distinction award – Shannan little.
- First female manager at the Research Centre, first non PhD. manager.
- Former chair and founding member of this committee.
- PRC meeting this weekend. The Constitution committee has no new priority changes.
- Reminder: positions will be available for council positions at convention.
- Next meeting will have a PRC update, or email update.
- Bargaining convention last week of April.
- Prairie Voice awards due May 12
8) Next Meeting:
- May 3/21 6:00 pm
- 6:55 pm M/S: D. Poissant/S. Erb