Present: Sherry Dearing, Louise Mardell, Joyce Romanchuk, Kim Kelly, Marianne Hladun, Jesse Todd, Dawn Montgrand and Christina Creusot
Statement of Harassment
Agenda – Motion Sherry, 2nd Kim
Review of Previous Minutes – The Minutes of January 13, 2021 were reviewed. Adopted by Christina 2nd by Kim
Business arising from previous Minutes
- 699 codes for leave – a policy grievance has been filed as well as a Human Rights complaint as it is affecting equity members (as well as all members). TB is not budging on wanting employees to use sick leave or annual leave. If you are denied, still please let Louise know asap! Marianne spoke to this and advised that the grievance is going through the levels and will most likely be going to adjudication as they are anticipating further denial. There are no dates yet regarding the HR complaint that was filed. If you are told to use you’re A/L or S/L you must do so, but ensure you let your local know and file a grievance.
- Bargaining – the Bargaining Team are working on negotiation pieces. No more recommends will be accepted.
- Education Schedule – an email was circulated today (February 17, 2021) from PSAC with the new schedule. The TUB course is coming up February 26, 27 and March 1. Workshop for executives or local members regarding new membership orientation on February 24th . March 9th is Understanding Your Collective Agreement. There are some upcoming webinars on health and safety, and Covid. These are listed on the website. If you didn’t receive the PSAC email regarding the education schedule, let Louise know. Louise spoke to the TUB course, as it is during the week, they split it up into 3 days so people aren’t missing full days from work. PSAC is paying loss of salary for this course (TUB). The virtual training seems to be working great for people that can’t travel or for people that are spread out all over and don’t have enough members to hold a training session.
2020 Year End Submission
- Due to covid there is no budget. However, if there are any activities or something we are thinking of doing, we can still submit a request. No audit is required for the submission package. We need to have an AGM however, to be in conformance
- Pennie has resigned at the Rep. We will have to elect a new PRC Rep. Christina has agreed to fill in until convention. We will have to elect a representative to fill in from convention until the end of the term.
- Dawn was nominated by Joyce, Kim 2nd the nomination. Nominations were called 3 times. No further nominations. Dawn will be the PRC rep until the end of the term, where we will have to hold another election.
- Convention delegate will be Christina, Joyce will be the alternate. As Dawn has agreed to take over the PRC rep after convention, she too is permitted to attend.
- An AGM needs to be held to elect the executive positons. Terms are only a 1 year term. Kim will send an email to Prudence (local president) to add to their Agenda, advising members of PAAC’s AGM March 4th, and that elections are being held.
- AGM will be March 4, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom.
- Louise advised that a member of the Bargaining Team may be able to attend AGM’s with sufficient notice. Since the meetings are virtual, they will be able to attend and talk about the negotiations. Kim will advise Prudence to mention this at their local’s AGM which is being held on February 19th. Hopefully this will get more general members to attend PAAC’s AGM.
Scheduling of next meeting – March 4, 2021 @ 7:00 pm via Skype/Teleconference
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.