Members across the Prairies participated in workplace actions to show support for their bargaining teams and call on the federal government to fix the Phoenix pay system.
Members across the Prairies participated in workplace actions for the October 31 Day of Action to show support for their bargaining teams and call on the federal government to fix the Phoenix pay system.
Below are just a few of the activities that happened throughout the region. For photos and more information, visit the PSAC Prairies Facebook page.
- Agriculture Local 50056 in Morden, Manitoba proudly sported “Haunted by Phoenix” stickers throughout the day and even carved a festive pumpkin with the same message (seen above).
- The cold and rainy weather didn’t stop CEIU Local 40811 members from participating in a 6:30 a.m. plant gate outside their workplace in Regina. The Local also took their message to the workplace Halloween party later that day and proudly displayed signs demanding to be treated with respect.
- UNDE Local 30910 members wore red and braved the rain for small demonstration over the lunch hour.
- At the Edmonton Institution for Women, USGE Local 30150 members gathered outside the workplace with flags and signs, some even dressed in costume, to send a message to the employer.
- PSAC Prairies Regional Executive Vice-President Marianna Hladun joined USGE Local 50081 in Winnipeg for a lunch-hour picket outside the workplace to show support for the bargaining teams.
- In Prince Albert, NHU Local 40027 and UNE Local 40195 sent a message to Conservative MP Randy Hoback (Prince Albert) with a photo and joint letter from members.
- UTE members recently signed their collective agreement, but they still came out to support the other bargaining units and to call on the government to #FixPhoenix.