Manitoba Career Transition Cafe
The Career Transition Café is a two-day event for Opting and Surplus Employees to help manage their transition, to make informed decisions regarding their options and to empower them moving forward.
The Café will be held on October 2 & 3, 2012 at the Canada School of Public Service/Public Service Commission in Winnipeg from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Registration will be open on:
- Mon. Sept. 17 through Mon. Sept. 24 exclusively to staff in an opting or surplus situation
- Tues., Sept. 25 – all other Public Service employees for the remaining spots
- Register using ‘RegOnline’
There is no cost for attendance, but pre-registration is required. Should you need to alter or cancel your registration, please log-in to RegOnline to make changes. This will allow someone on the waiting list to use your spot. Departments and agencies of registrants who register but do not attend could be charged the expense to recover costs of the event.
Café sessions include:
- WFA, Alternation & SERLO
- Option A – Surplus, Priority Entitlement and You
- Writing an Effective Curriculum Vitae
- Navigating Through Change
- WFA – Options B & C
- Understanding Competencies
- Orientation to Job Seeking
- Preparing for Exams and Interviews
- Your Pension at a Glance
- A number of post-secondary educational institutions will be available to speak with registrants
- An opportunity to speak one-on-one with and HR Advisor to review resumes and cover letters
The event is a collaborative effort by the Manitoba Federal Council, the Strategic Workforce Issues Management Working Group Committee, the Canada School of the Public Service, the National Managers’ Community, the future Leaders Network and the Public Service Commission have joined together to provide two full days of information sessions.