In Attendance: Lyn Paterson; Maria Fitzpatrick; Sherry Hunt; Krysty Munns; Jolene Prystae; Guests: Cheryl Meheden and Shannan Little
Public Service Alliance of Canada
Lethbridge Women’s Committee
Monthly Meeting Agenda – Volunteer Appreciation Meeting
Dec 9th, 2014 – Sister’s Pub and Grill (Lethbridge)
In Attendance Regrets
Lyn Paterson Stephanie Erb
Maria Fitzpatrick Dolly Ablitt
Guests: Cheryl Meheden and Shannan Little
1. Call to Order – Call to Order at 7:40pm (M. Fitzpatrick)
2. Approval of the Agenda – m/s/carried
L. Paterson/S. Hunt/carried
3. Review and approval of the previous meeting’s minutes – m/s/carried
K. Munns/M. Fitzpatrick/carried
4. New business arising from the minutes
4.1 National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence against Women
o 10 people in attendance
o well received
o notes were taken and distributed by K. Munns
Action Item: Carry out a local heroes campaign. Have someone prominent in the community be featured on local TV or the newspaper promoting the message of anti-violence and positive out reach for victims of violence.
Action Item: Letter writing campaign requesting the government to take more responsible regarding violence and demand that the government carry out a national inquiry related to the status of thousands of murdered and missing women.
– M. Fitzpatrick to generate a template letter.
– Participants today will ask 10 people to write a letter and ask them to ask 10 other people.
– Potential support groups: Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC), PSAC Women’s committees, PSAC Area Council, Canadian Federation of Labour, Universities, Sik-Ooh-Kotoki Friendship Society, etc.
– Once letters have been mailed contact the media
– PSAC Women’s Committee to donate supplies (envelopes, postage if need be)
5. Next events on our calendar
– March 8th – International Women’s Day
– Provide free swimming for all women at the local pools.
– Advertise our event with posters, facebook events, Lethbridge Recreation guide (all free advertising)
– Order swag that we can give away at that even
Follow-up with the City of Lethbridge for International Women’s Day
Contact Lethbridge Recreation Guide for International Women’s Day Event
Create a Facebook event for our Internationl Women’s Day Event
8. Next meeting date, time and location:
Tentatively set January 13th – 5:30pm Ohso’s
9. Agenda for next meeting:
1. Treasurer’s report
2. Next events on our calendar
8:35pm – K. Munns