Lethbridge Regional Women’s Committee
Virtual meeting via Zoom – November 03, 2020 @ 6:30 pm MDT
Stephanie Erb (30048), Sherry Hunt (30048), Karen Mah (30048), Krysty Thomas (30048)
Regrets: Kristy Slattery (30036), Dolly Ablitt (PSAC)
The meeting was called to order at 6:35 pm
1) Adoption of Agenda
2) Review previous meetings minutes (Oct 06, 2020)
• minutes were accepted as presented
3) Financial report – S Erb
• Available balance Nov 3 was $2654.10
• S Hunt motioned to accept report, K Thomas seconded. The financial report was passed unanimously
4) Old business:
a) Children’s Art Contest Here for Canada Calendar – (funds owing to K Thomas $444.33)
b) Person’s Day Soup Kitchen Brunch – (funds owing to K Thomas $479.29)
c) City of Lethbridge Childcare Resolution – passed.
d) PSAC T-shirts – Marianne indicated that there are some of the PSAC “in our community” shirts
e) Coutts Food Bank Drive ($300 from last meeting minutes to Kristy Slattery)
5) New business
a. Saamis teepee/Lethbridge City Hall light up project (16 Days of activism on violence against women – Nov 25 Day for the elimination of VAW, Dec 3, Dec 6, Dec 10). S Erb to send cheque to D Poissant
b. December 6h action? Brunch? Will commit to that date although brunches may not be happening by then due to lack of volunteers. S Hunt to see if the YWCA is doing anything.
• K Thomas is in contact with Rachel Harder’s office to set up a meeting. May focus on childcare issues. AFL putting together community action teams
• S Erb needs cheques signed by K Mah
• K Mah – next election? Should be held in first quarter.
7) Next meeting will tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, January 19th at 6pm
S Erb motioned to adjourn the meeting and K Thomas seconded. Meeting was adjourned at 7:10 pm MST.