Lethbridge Regional Women’s Committee Meeting Minutes ~ Jan. 25, 2018
Lethbridge Regional Women’s Committee Monthly General Meeting Minutes
January 25th 2018 7:30pm -London Drugs Community Room
Attendance: Krysty Munns (30048), Kristy Slattery (30036), Kathy Dorchak (30027), Stephanie Erb (30048), Danielle Possiant (via teleconference, 30907)
1. Adoption of Agenda M/S/C S. Erb/K. Slattery/Carried
2.Review and approval of the previous meeting’ s minutes M/S/C K. Munns/K. Dorchak/Carried
A) Bank balance as of December 31, 2017 $3712.20
B) Outstanding commitments
- Sister’s in Spirit Vigil – donation for replacement candles $200.00
- Lethbridge Living Library Event – Venue Rental $800.00
- Lethbridge Living Library Event – Speaker Cost $250.00
- Lethbridge Living Library Event – Refreshments $500.00
- Lethbridge Living Library Event – Supplies $42.40
- Lethbridge Living Library Event – Photo Printing $42.33
Bank Balance as of Jan 25, 2018 $1,877.47
4. Old Business
A) Jan 20th, Lethbridge Living Library
- This event was in recognition of the second anniversary of the Women’s March on Washington and Canada. The Lethbridge Living Library included various organizations (including PSAC) and speakers from within our community who serve the principles of human rights, social justice, equality, and compassion.
- Syrian Refugee Presentation, KAIROS Blanket Exercise, and a presentation on by-stander affect.
- Five media interviews leading up this event on CTV, Global, Bridge City News, and 95.5 Country FM.
B) Amnesty International Write for Rights
- Hosted a Write for Rights Event to commemorate International Human Right Day at the Lethbridge Research Centre.
- PSAC LRWC provided coffee and cookies for letter writers and also provided postage for letters to be sent.
5.New and Ongoing Business
A) International Women’s Day
- Give back to members in workplaces with a cake that says Happy International Women’s Day.
- Hand out recent information of the PSAC Women’s initiatives at the workplaces.
B) 2018 Budget Request
- Brief discussion about ideas for 2018
- Will finalize the budget requests at next meeting
6. Round Table
A) Upcoming education
- Lethbridge TUBS
- Advanced Representation Course – Calgary
B) National Day of Action for Phoenix -Feb 28th
C) Upcoming Face-to-Face meeting of PRC -Feb 9-11th
- Media training and strategic planning session
- Phoenix Rally Planned
7. Next Meeting: March 6th, 2018 @ 7:30 -London Drugs Community Room