Lethbridge Regional Women’s Committee Meeting Minutes – Jan 22, 2019
Lethbridge Regional Women’s Committee
Jan 22, 2019 @ 5:30pm
Karen Mah (30048), Krysty Munns (30048), Kristy Slattery (30036), Dorothy McRae (30048), Diane White (PSAC rep), Stephanie Erb (30048)
By phone: Meaghan Burford (30907), Danielle Possiant (30907)
Shirley Stolk (30028), Deb Kosteniuk, Kathy Dorchak (30027)
Meeting called to order at 5:47 pm
- Adoption of Agenda
- Approved by consensus
- Review and approval of the previous meeting’s minutes
- Previously approved via email
- Financial Report – Stephanie Erb provided the documents:
- Bank balance as of Oct 1 – Dec 31: $1772.59
- Annual financial statement
- Treasurers report was accepted by consensus
- Krysty Munns asked to cover two events:
- Write for Rights expense for Dec 2018 ($50.35). Kristy Slattery seconded and approved by consensus; and
- Women’s March supplies ($27.06).Kristy Slattery seconded and approved by consensus
- Stephanie will add $50 in the budget as a regular line item for the Write for Rights event.
- Next meeting proposed for March 4, 7 pm to plan for events (double up with area council meeting)
Danielle Possiant will look into doing events for Women’s day this year in Medicine Hat
- Ask Deb about political actions with women’s events
- Krysty Munns is going to the Alberta Federation of Labour meeting – would like to host in conjunction with area council a talk on Energy transformation
- Brainstorm additional items for the budget.Stephanie will send a tentative budget via email.
- Kristy Slattery motion to have tonight’s dinner covered. Krysty Munns seconded and approved by consensus.
- Meeting adjourned at 6:26 for dinner.