Lethbridge AC Mtg Minutes – Oct 24 2012
In attendance: Greg Krokosh (30027), President; David Pearson (30048), Secretary/Treasurer; Sherry Hunt (30048); Ray Wilson (30048); Stephanie Erb (30048); Christine Krokosh (30027); Darrell Vedres (30048); Hehald Mark (30048); Lyn Paterson (30048); Elaine Nakonechny (30048); Michele Jackson (30048); Shan nan Little (30048); Marlene St. Onge (30036)
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Lethbridge and District Area Council
October 24, 2012
Greg Krokosh (30027), President; David Pearson (30048), Secretary/Treasurer; Sherry Hunt (30048); Ray Wilson (30048); Stephanie Erb (30048); Christine Krokosh (30027); Darrell Vedres (30048); Hehald Mark (30048); Lyn Paterson (30048); Elaine Nakonechny (30048); Michele Jackson (30048); Shan nan Little (30048); Marlene St. Onge (30036)
Called to order: 1810 hours
1) Agenda was adopted by consensus.
2) Minutes ofthe August 28, 2012 meeting.
- Adopted by consensus with corrections
3) Area Council Treasurer Report.
- As of October 24, 2012, the bank balance: $$2,092.93
- Was adopted.
4) 2013 Budget
- 2013 budget was presented and discussed
- 2013 budget was adopted by consensus
5) Election of Officers
- President: Brother Greg Krokosh was nominated by Brother Pearson, seconded by Sister Hunt; Brother Greg Krokosh was acclaimed.
- Vice-President: Sister Sherry Hunt was nominated by Brother Wilson, seconded by Brother Vedres; Sister Sherry Hunt was acclaimed.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Brother David Pearson was nominated by Sister Hunt, seconded by Brother Mark; Brother David Pearson was acclaimed.
6) PSAC Update
- FB:1)Bargaining has started and has a badge holder with We are Affected on them as a mobilization item. 2) The mediation is scheduled for November 24-25. 3)PIC hearing on December 10. 4) Security our Priority campaign.
- TC: 1) Public Interest Commission has been schedule for November 12-16,2012.
- CFIA: 1) Bargaining in January. 2) Public Interest Commission in February
Stand-up for public services
- Must protect public services
- Parks are privatizing the hot springs in Banff
- The selling off crown assets (i.e. community pastures)
- Privatizing government services (i.e. storage of tax records)
Purple Ribbon Campaign
- October 31, NDP MP’s in the House of Commons will be wearing a purple ribbon as a symbol of we are all affected.
- It was suggest the LAC do something similar, purple ribbon as a symbol we are all affect.
- Sister Hunt volunteer to make the ribbons (approx. 100): Motion to purchase the ribbons; m/s Brother Mark/SisterNakonechny. Carried
- Started in the Quebec region
Protect the Prairie
- Agriculture Union campaign to protect the native grasslands: (Community Pasture Program)
- Website: http://www.protecttheprairie.ca/
7)We Are All Affected Campaign- September 15
- Had a discussion of the actions taken on September 15th.
- Attached is the flyer given to the MP, City Council, Chamber of Commerce
- Attached is the ad for the Lethbridge Herald
- Had a discussion ofthe national camp,aign and material used; It was suggested that there should be enough material given to councils so that everyone who is involve can have something.
8) Meeting with REVP
- Sister Hladun, Prairies REVP will be visiting Lethbridge on November 13, 2012
- The meeting will be at Roundtree Cafe at 1800.
9) Education meeting Lethbridge
- On December 11, 2012 there will be a meeting with the Area Council over educational needs
- Sister Judy Shannon, Regional Education Officer and a PRC member from education committee will be attending
10) PSAC Tomato Project/Foodbank Garden
- Harvested 3337.S Ibs. of food, which is valued by the Interfaith Food Bank of $6675.00.
11) Dates to Remember
- November 5 – Deadline for application for Labour College of Canada (May and August 2013)
- November 17 & 18 – Prairie Regional Health and Safety Conference in Edmonton.
- Nothing to report
13) Meeting was adjourned at 1940
14) Next meeting TBA