Lethbridge AC Mtg Minutes (Feb 12 2010)
Executive: present; Quorum: achieved, in accordance to Area Council Bylaws; Guest: Robyn Benson, Prairie REVP
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Lethbridge and District Area Council
February 12, 2010
Quorum: achieved, in accordance to Area Council Bylaws
Guest: Robyn Benson, Prairie REVP
Called to order: 1800 hours
- Area Council proposed budget was discussed
- Sister Benson informed the Council what is needed in the yearly proposed budget
- It should show our goals for the year
- Tools for Schools – Update
- Too late for this year
- Sister Benson spoke on Tools for Schools and how it is a good program for the Council to attempt to do.
- Brother Krokosh will speak to the schools
- Brother Pearson will speak to locals
- International Women’s Day – March 6, 2010
- YMCA is having a International Women’s Day events
- Local Women’s organization, Womanspace Lethbridge, does public education on woman’s issues, and research on woman issues to influence government policy and educate low income women on financial literacy.
- The Council approved a donation of $200 to Womanspace Lethbridge to assist their sponsorship of women to attend YMCA International Women’s Day events
- Sister Benson spoke on various issues
- PRC Strategy Session in January, 2010.
- What is the regional strategy and how we will get there
- PRC will work on pension and budget issues
- Pension and budget campaigns
- The Council is having pension townhall meetings this spring, Sister Benson will assist the Council in getting a PSAC Pension Rep. from Ottawaas a speaker
- Bother Pearson will contact
AFLabout getting speaker to discuss Canadian Labour Council Pension campaign for the townhall.
- Bargaining begins this year
- Bargaining is under New Regulation 15A
- Regional Bargaining Conference is this December in BC
- National Bargaining Conference is January 2011 in Ottawa
CRAwill have separate conferences
- Regional Woman Conference September 10-12, 2010in Saskatoon
- Lethbridge and District Labour Council
- This year they are doing a community outreach project and looking for some funding. Brother Krokosh spoke on the project on behalf of the District Labour Council. They are looking for funding for their main event, a presentation on immigrant women’s experiences working for the Great Western Garment Company (GWG) in Edmontonthis May or September as funding has not been reached. The Council approved $500 funding for this project with a few conditions attached (funding is achieved and our name (PSAC) is displayed).
Meeting adjourned at 2030 hours