This opportunity is meant for members who have a passion for union education to be a part of “the Prairie Union School Organizing Committee”.
- Do you have a passion for union education?
- Are you a current or former Union Officer or Steward?
- Do you like to work collaboratively with other PSAC Prairies members and staff?
- Do you have some exciting ideas for the next PSAC Prairie Region Union School?
If you answered YES! to the above questions, the Organizing Committee for the next PSAC Prairie Union School might be the place for you. The School Organizing Committee will include the Prairie Region Council Education Committee, Union Activists and Officers, Alliance Facilitators, and PSAC staff.
The work of this active committee will be extensive and exciting, and will include:
- Developing the program of events and courses for the school;
- Recruiting and selecting the participants for the school.
- Regular e-mails, conference calls and sub-committee work (probably 4-6 hours a month from now until November, 2014)
If you would like to be considered for the Prairie Union School Organizing Committee, please send an e-mail that includes:
- Your Union position (if any)
- Your Local and Component (if applicable)
- Your union education experience
- Why you would like to be part of the Organizing Committee
Optional Self-identification: In an effort to ensure that the Organizing Committee reflects the diversity of the Prairie Region membership, you are invited to self-identify if you are a member of an equality-seeking group (i.e. Aboriginal person; racialized person; person with a disability; a gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered person, or a young worker age 30 or under.)
Please send your e-mail to the PRC Education committee, c/o Judy Shannon, Prairies Regional Education Officer by Friday February 28, 2014.