Helping Families in Tobique First Nation
Presently in Tobique First Nation in New Brunswick there are 50 families that have been removed from their homes due to major flooding. As of today we do not have the final tally of the damage that was done to the Tobique Fist Nation.
This flood not only affected the community, but the surrounding areas as well including the nearby town of Perth Andover where Tobique gets all of their essential services such as groceries. Hospital and government offices have been affected as well. They now have to drive at least 30 to 45 minutes to receive those services.
We are asking your help in these hard times. The following items are needed:
- NO CLOTHING
- Bottled water (they are under a boil advisory due to the flood)
- Various baby supplies (diapers, wipes, shampoo, wash, pacifiers, blankets, etc)
- Personal hygiene products for men, women, and children
- Non-perishable foods items
- Bedding (blankets, sheets, pillow cases, and pillows)
- Household items (mixing bowls, cutlery, etc)
Goods can be dropped off or financial donations mailed to:
C/O Tiffany Perley
250 Main St.
Tobique First Nation, NB
Freewill donations to Red Cross Emergency Relief Fund for NB Spring Floods 2012.
Members of the National Aboriginal Peoples’ Circle