Report of the Southeast Manitoba Geographical Rep to the Prairie Region Council submitted for the November 2016 meeting. This report covers the period from the last PRC meeting.
South East Manitoba Geographical Rep
Prairie Region Council November 2016
This reporting is for the period of February 2016 to October 2016.
- Attended Winnipeg & Area Human Rights Committee meeting (Feb.10th)
- Attended the PRC (Prairie Region Council) meeting in Saskatoon.
- Attended an AGM invitation from Local 50071 (Canadian Grain Commission) on March 1st: Talked with the local about the Prairie Region Council mandate and responsibilities; Discussed the PSAC Three Priorities especially the 3rd one about the MPs Lobbying campaign.
- Met with the Portage-Lisgar MP as a part of the PSAC MP Lobbying Campaign.
- Attended Winnipeg & Area Human Rights Committee’s AGM (Mar. 8th)
- Attended the 2016 Federal Budget Watch at the Winnipeg RO
- Attended Winnipeg & Area Human Rights Committee Planning meeting with new executive (Mar.22nd)
- Attended the June 8th National Day of Action with Local 50056, Morden, MB.
- Attended the NPSW event held by USGE Manitoba on June 14th in Winnipeg
- Volunteered with the Winnipeg Area Council at the annual Manitoba Marathon in Winnipeg on June 19th. It was a great opportunity for visibility as we were 8 volunteers wearing PSAC T-Shirts and directing traffic and cheering for runners.
- Volunteered at the June 24th APTN National Aboriginal Day Celebration in Winnipeg, where Winnipeg & Area Human Rights Committee sponsored a promotional table at the event.
- Attended “Bargaining Update for PSAC Treasury Board members in SV & TC groups” Webinar on June 28
- Attended the “Bargaining Update for PSAC Treasury Board members in PA, EB & FB” Webinar on June 29
- On Saturday July 9th I participated with the Steinbach Pride inaugural that was supported by the PSAC Prairies along with our National President and the Prairies REVP and many other psac sisters and brothers.
- On Friday July 15th I attended the Winnipeg Supports Our Postal Workers. An event in support of sisters and brothers in the Canadian Union of Postal Workers.
- Attended the “Phoenix Update with National Officers” Webinar on July 28.
- On Monday September 5th I participated in the Annual Labour Day Marche and Family Picnic that was organized by the Winnipeg Labour Council. The PSAC and the Winnipeg Area Council sponsored a promotional table at the picnic. It was the largest PSAC members’ participation at this annual event so far.
- Thursday September 22nd, I attended the Winnipeg & Area Human Rights Committee discussing convention and resolutions.
Looking forward to keep working with everyone on the Prairie Region Council and with each and every activist in Manitoba to keep empowering one another and keep building our union.