Young Workers Report
Prairie Region Council November 2019
The Winnipeg YWC continues to be inactive. A meeting was held with the aim of re-establishing the committee in late September. I was not able to phone in due to being away on training for my employer. 3 people did attend, unfortunately an executive was not able to be formed. Another meeting is planned in for November 20th.
The Edmonton YWC is currently not in good standing. The committee met on October 17th and I was able to call in. The committee has a plan to fix the issues with their budget, and hold 4 meetings before the end of the year. They are also planning an action for early December. Their next meeting is scheduled for November 21st.
I have received a number of Young Worker contacts from Diane in the Calgary RO. I have spoken to a couple and hope to be holding a meeting there before year end.
I have received contacts from the Regina RO and other PRC members. I am planning a meeting before year end.
In addition to working with the YWCs in the Prairies region, I’ve been meeting with my national coutnerparts both formally on the monthly working group call and informally. On PRC I have been assigned to the Communications Committee. I have not been able to attend a call since joining the committee due to work requirements.
- September 19 2019 – PRC Conference Call
- October 15-16 2019: PRC/Committee Financial Training, Regina, SK
- October 17 2019: Edmonton YWC
- November 7 2019: PSAC National Young Workers Rep Call
- November 13 2019: PSAC National Young Workers Working Group Training, onlin
- November 20 2019: Winnipeg YWC
- November 21 2019: Edmonton YWC
- December 10 2019: Edmonton YWC