Elections for Alternate REVP Prairies
Sister Marianne Hladun, Alternate REVP Prairies, became REVP for the Prairies following Sister Benson’s election as the PSAC National President. Therefore, we need to hold elections for the Alternate Regional Executive Vice-President for the Prairie Region.
The following election procedures will be followed:
- Nominations shall be called by the Alliance Executive Committee from amongst the membership within the Prairie Region who are in good standing.
- Nominations will be sent to the office of the National President of the PSAC no later than August 3, 2012 (nomination form attached).
- The AEC shall determine that nominees are members in good standing, and prepared to stand for office, and are prepared to reside in the Winnipeg area if called to take the position of REVP.
- While all Prairie members in good standing can run for the position of Alternate REVP Prairies, only members who were delegates to the 2011 Prairie Regional Convention who remain in good standing can sign a nomination form.
- Should an election be required, the AEC shall issue a ballot by mail to all Prairie Convention delegates to the 2011 Prairie Regional Convention who are still members in good standing.
- A ballot will be sent to you the second week of August 2012.
- All ballots postmarked no later than September 12, 2012 will be counted.
- Should a subsequent ballot be required, it will be issued by mail later in September 2012.
- Nominees for the position of Alternate REVP Prairies shall be provided with labels upon request.
- Regulation 21 of the PSAC Constitution shall apply. Nominees will have a spending limit of $3,600, and will be required to provide an expense report to the National President of the PSAC.
- Nominations shall be entitled to submit a one-page biography for inclusion in the voting kit. Please note that candidates’ biographies will be reproduced exactly as received. The PSAC will not correct, edit or translate biographies.