The Regional Women’s Committee is a focal point for mobilizing women members. The RWC informs, educates and empowers women within their union and their community. Check out these minutes for current activities and actions.
Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC)
Edmonton Regional Women’s Committee
Theme: “BUILDING OUR VOICES TOGETHER”
September 3, 2019
PSAC Edmonton RO
Kim Cardinal, Chair
Denise Gugel, Treasurer
Charmaine Nelson, Co-Chair
Corie McGaughey, Member
Caitlin Fortier, Member
Corrie Barkley, Member (via teleconference)
Patty Jessome, Secretary
Carm Chan, Regional Rep
Minutes of Meeting
1. Call to Order – Welcome to all – Introductions – Reading of the Harassment Statement (read by Charmaine): Kim called the meeting to order at 5:40 pm.
2. Approval of this Agenda: Approved
3. Confirmation that the June 25, 2019 meeting minutes have been approved and posted to PSAC website. Approved and posted.
4. Treasurers Report:
- As of September, balance is $973.21.
- Kim requested detailed bank and activity report for next meeting.
5. Events/ Projects updates:
5.1 Child Care Campaign – Kim briefed the committee and provided the https://childcareforall.ca web site address. The committee discussed and added to the idea that we would try and have the “Game of Life” for child care be ready in March for the International Women’s Day (IWD). Sub-committee to set up meeting soon.
ACTION: Kim will do a second call-out to provide the PSAC office an “Expression of Interest” email to be shared with PSAC members to add more members to the sub-committee for this event. Kim will be the lead and all those that are interested can respond to her. Kaitlin, Elizabeth, Corey, Jamie and Patty would like to be part of this sub-committee.
5.2 Update in volunteering / collaborating with Terra – Kim met with Paul, volunteer coordinator at TERRA, September 14 & 15 are possible dates for Fall clean-up of the garden and get it ready for winter. Suggestions for next year to support TERRA is coordinating a canning/preserve class and Blanch of fruit and vegetables class instead of planting a garden.
TERRA address at the Brentwood House, located on 13744 – 115 Avenue.
6. Empowerment of Women and the Visual Artistic Journal – Dates for the next VAJ Workshop Sept. 28 and the closing ceremony on November 30. Kim reached out to Tracy Bear to see if she is available for closing ceremonies. It is important to note that even if you did not attend the first workshop you can still attend the remaining workshops. Journal costs are reimbursed with receipt up to $20.
ACTION: Kim will contact the registered participants, 1) advise them of the Journal reimbursement with receipts, 2) Provide questions list for Journal pages for all three workshops and 3) Invite Tracy Bear to final closing event in November.
7. New Business:
7.1 Update on the Regional PSAC Women’s Conference – Kim requested all participants to help in decorating and presenting of the presentation board for the Edmonton RWC booth at the Regina Conference. The RWC sub-committee drafted a resolution for the PSAC Regional conference on Champions for Child Care. Sub-committee will follow up on the next stage at next meeting.
7.2 PSAC Regional Rep updates/sharing of information. TABLED
7.3 Walk a Mile in Her Shoes – September 11, 2019 – TABLED
- Charmaine to follow up with Patty on the event. General email to all volunteers.
8. Actions: Action Items – listed in the applicable places above. Summary is below:
|Kim||3rd VAJ Event||Sept 28|
|Kim||1) advise participants of the Journal reimbursement with receipts, 2) Provide questions list for Journal pages for all three workshops and 3) Invite Tracy Bear to final closing event in November.||Sept 28|
|Charmaine||Walk a mile in her shoes: Follow up with Patty on event.||Sept 11|
|Denise||Detailed Bank Reconciliation and Activity report for next meeting.||Oct 3|
9. Next meeting date, time and location:
Thursday October 3, 2019 5:30 p.m. PSAC Edmonton RO
Kim: Thank you all again for your time!
Adjournment: Kim adjourned the meeting at 7:30.