The Regional Women’s Committee is a focal point for mobilizing women members. The RWC informs, educates and empowers women within their union and their community. Check out these minutes for current activities and actions.
Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC)
Edmonton Regional Women’s Committee
Theme: “BUILDING OUR VOICES TOGETHER”
October 3, 2019
PSAC Edmonton RO
Kim Cardinal, Chair
Denise Gugel, Treasurer
Patty Jessome, Secretary
Corie McGaughey, Member
Charmaine Nelson, Co-Chair
Carm Chan, Regional Rep
1. Call to Order – Welcome to all – Kim called the meeting to order at 17:44
2. Approval of this Agenda: Approved
3. Confirmation that the September 3 2019, meeting minutes have been approved and posted to PSAC website: Not completed, differed to next meeting, Nov. 7th.
4. Treasurer’s Report: Presented by Denise Gugel:
To date the committee has a balance of $860.48.
A forecast of our current budget includes the following monies required to fulfill committee’s objectives and projects:
- $120 meeting meals
- $400 for IWD Game of life
- $200 for the IWD March
- $200 for the VAJ year-end event
- $600 brunch tickets
- Total: $1520 still required for project costs
Kim will send Marianne an email explaining the costs and ask for the remainder of the funds for 2019.
5. Events/ Projects updates:
5.1 Child Care Campaign – update from the sub-committee on the “Game of Life”. Still in planning stages, next subcommittee meeting will be held on November 28th, 2019.
5.2 Child Care Lobbying Sub-committee: Next meeting is October 17, 2019. Patty will ask Nina to send an e-mail reminder with the date along with the election notice.
*It was decided by consensus that men can attend the lobbing event but the women will plan.
5.3 National 2020 PSAC Women’s Conference-Voting for delegate: A motion was put forward that the chair of the committee, Kim Cardinal, attend as a delegate for the RWC. The alternate will be decided at the next subcommittee meeting on October 17, 2019. Resolutions deadline is November 1st so discussion on resolutions may be incorporated at this meeting for those interested in staying.
6. Empowerment of Women and the Visual Artistic Journal – 4th event re-scheduled to November 30th, 2019 – Kim is looking into whether or not Tracey can attend. As well, she is also looking into an indigenous feast.
7. New Business: NONE
8. Actions: Action Items – listed in the applicable places above. Summary is below:
|Kim||Send Marianne email with updated financials||ASAP|
|Patty||Contact Nina ask her to send reminder of subcommittee for Oct. 17th with added elections||Done|
|Kim||Closing VAJ Event – See if Tracey and Heather are available||Nov 30th|
|Corie||Create agenda for Game of Life subcommittee meeting. Send to Kim.||Nov. 11th|
|Patty||Update and resend poster to Nina for Nov. 30th VAJ||ASAP|
9. Next meeting date, time and location:
Thursday, November 7, 2019, 5:30 pm at the PSAC Office
10. Round table:
Corie: Can I apply on committee training. She was referred to the local office to speak with Nina.
Denise: Asked if the committee members understood her report. The consensus was yes.
Kim: Thanked everyone for their work.