The Regional Women’s Committee is a focal point for mobilizing women members. The RWC informs, educates and empowers women within their union and their community. Check out these minutes for current activities and actions.
October, 19, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
Denise Gugel, Chair
Charmaine Nelson, Vice Chair
Kim Cardinal, Secretary
Carm Chan, PSAC Representative
- Welcome to all / Call to Order: Denise Gugel called the meeting to order at 6:20 pm and welcomed everyone. Roundtable of introductions was held
- Agenda – Adoption: Denise requested if anyone had any agenda items, as there was not one done prior as this is the first meeting. Recommendations for agenda items are:
|Fund Raiser(s)||Women’s needs in the North – Food and Supplies needed. Inner city fundraising – looking for an organization and ideas (activities)||For 2022|
|Lobbying / participate||Child Care Campaign – Look at getting the “GAME of childcare” up and running again – was discussed in 2019-2020. Sending letters. Building Capacity of Women in Leadership Roles – have guest speakers|
|Visual Artistic Journal||Virtual Venue TBD Theme: The Power of the Matriarch or TBD Speakers: Outline: Female Speakers Journaling tied into Speaker VAJ share and discussion Supplies: Will offer reimbursement for supplies as well as accommodations Event Advertisement: Poster to be created||For 2022|
3. Discussions on other items:
- Training and workshops was suggested for ‘exploring the health care plan’ – there were several resolutions passed at the National Women’s Conference that can be reviewed, which than the committee can plan a form of action. Carm spoke of the Fertility Program and how our health care plan met in April 2021 to improve and/or add to our plan.
- Child Care – Kim Haynes mentioned that here was an animated Child Care Video – Carm volunteered to look into this and share with the committee once she finds it.
4. Treasurer’s report: Committee Treasurer resigned, however Carm, PSAC Representative provided the amount from the August 31, 2021 bank statement, $1119.35.
5. Action Items
|Carm||Child Care Campaign – look for animation video and send to committee.|
|Committee Members||Looking for Women Guest Speakers|
6. Round Table:
- Kim Haynes – Enjoyed being back and really liked the VAJ Event idea.
- Kim Cardinal – Thanked everyone for attending and looking forward to getting this committee started.
- Denise Gugel – Thanked everyone for attending and thanked the committee for their patience as this was a busy year at her work and with COVID, happy that the Regional Women’s Committee is back and have a plan for the rest of the year.
- Charmaine Nelson – Thanked everyone for attending.
7. Next meeting date and time – will be all held virtual: November 9, 2021; November 30, 2021 and December 14, 2021.
8. Denise adjourned the meeting at 7:25 p.m.