The Human Rights Committee discuss issues and plan events relating to PSAC’s Indigenous, Persons With Disabilities, LGBTQ2+ and Racially Visible caucus members. Check out these minutes for current actions and events!
Edmonton Human Rights Committee Meeting Minutes
28 SEP 21 @1800
STEVE SUKHBIR CHAIR
CHARMAINE NELSON TREASURER
MILDRED NCUBE CO CHAIR
CARM CHAN PSAC REP
EMILY ARCHER UTE (Local 30025)
KIM CARDINAL USJE (Local 30168)
Guests: (Via Telecon)
JENNIFER CHIEH HO PRC RV REP
1. Call to Order
- The Meeting started at 1815 via Zoom by the Chair Steve Sukhbir
2. Approval of the Agenda:
- Approved by all present.
3. Review and approval of the previous meeting’s agenda
- The last minutes dated 27JUL2021 to be approved
- In favor C Nelson
- 2nd by K Cardinal
- Financial reports to stand as presented as per bank statement of 01AUG 2021.
- BALANCE: 2178.26. with no activity
- Nation Human Rights Committee Report
- GLBTQ2S+ Outreach letter
- Steve Sukhbir Report
5. Previous business:
- Balance Owed to A Greer for CHARTER OF HUMAN RIGHTS POSTER.
- CHARTER OF HUMAN RIGHTS POSTER to continue and be mailed out
6. New business:
- 30 September: – Day For National Truth And Reconciliation 94 Calls To Action.
- Land Acknowledgement for meetings
- “I acknowledge that I live and work in Treaty 6 territory and that the land is the traditional gathering place for diverse Indigenous peoples including the Cree, Blackfoot, Metis Nakota Sioux, Iroquois, Dene, Ojibway/Saulteaux/Anishinaabe, Inuit, and many other whose histories, languages and cultures continue to influence our vibrant community.”
- Creating Accessible Documents (E. Archer)
- HR Day Posters to be mailed out to locals if RO is open
8: Round Robin:
9: Next meeting date, time and location:
- The next meeting will be set for JANUARY 2022 FOR ELECTIONS
- The meeting was adjourned at 18:50