In Attendance: Murray Pruden; Ben Lemon; Terri Flynn; Kim Haynes; Dave Burchell; Steve Sukhbir; Dragana Ristivojevic; Genevieve Babineau; Oneil Carlier
Edmonton Area Council Meeting Minutes
09 December 2014
Guests: (Via Telecon) Marianne Hladun
1. Call to Order
The Meeting started at 1740 by Oneil Carlier
2. Approval of the Agenda:
3. Review and approval of the previous meeting’s agenda
* The last minutes dated 20 January 2014 was approved with corrections motioned by Dave Burchill and seconded by Dragana Ristivojevic
* Ben Lemon presented his views for Defending Sick Leave; Dending Public Services and the Need for a clear Vision and Strategy.
* Financial reports were to stand as presented until end of fiscal year.
5. Previous business:
6. New business:
* Murray Pruden stated we need Priorities and a Game Plan
* Ben Lemon Stated we need to go out to our MPs. cyber stalking and suggested we need to offer Lobby Training for our members at large.
* Terri Flynn Stated we need to to focus on social networking, re tweeting etc..
* Dave Burchill also offered his help when around
* Kim Haynes stated we need more to “REACT” and we need to get things going.
Elections for the Following was held and members sworn in by Oneil Carlier:
* President: Steve Sukhbir nominated by Dave Burchill and Seconded by Murray Pruden
* Vice President: Ben Lemon nominated by Dave Burchill and Seconded by Murray Pruden
* Treasurer: Kim Haynes; nominated by Steve Sukhbir and Seconded by Ben Lemon
* Secretary: Murray Pruden nominated by Kim Haynes and Seconded by Dave Burchill
9. Next meeting date, time and location:
* The next meeting was set for 15January2015 @1730 @ PSAC Regional Office
* Our next meeting we are to ask/bring one other person
10. Agenda for next meeting:
* Recruiting members for committees.
* Terri Flynn to research survey monkey
* Car stickers as a project brought forward by Kim Haynes
The meeting was adjourned at 1955