Calgary RWC Mtg Minutes (Sept 28 2010)
In Attendance: Nicole Frechette – NHU 30014; Ayanna Aya – CEIU 30856; Joyce Lewis – CEIU 30877; Cindy Wong – CEIU 30856; Sylvia Garrioch – CEIU 30856; Gail Chafe – PSAC Calgary RO (Staff); Tammy Sapach – CEIU 30857; Dolly Ablitt – PSAC Calgary RO (Staff)
Calgary Regional Women’s Committee Meeting
September 28th, 2010 @ CalgaryRegional Office
Nicole Frechette – NHU 30014 Ayanna Aya – CEIU 30856
Joyce Lewis – CEIU 30877 Cindy Wong – CEIU 30856
Sylvia Garrioch – CEIU 30856 Gail Chafe – PSAC CalgaryRO (Staff)
Tammy Sapach – CEIU 30857 Regrets: Gina King
Dolly Ablitt – PSAC CalgaryRO(Staff) Donna Bellefeuille
1. Meeting called to order at 5:56 pm.
2. Review of meeting minutes from June 22nd, 2010.
Reviewed minutes of meeting. Joyce (Chair) read minutes.
Motion to approve minutes with revisions.
Motion carried unanimously. M/S/C: Nicole; Cindy
3. Labour Day Barbeque
Joyce attended second annual Labour Day Barbeque. 2,200 hamburgers and hot dogs were served at the event. The RWC display was nicely laid out and well received. A recommendation was made that no cookies be served next year; the cake was a hit and to revisit that idea. At Calgary Olympic Plaza, the food was opposite to the displays. Literature was distributed at the event.
4. PSAC Regional Women’s Conference September 10-12, 2010
Sylvia Garrioch attended and gave the following report.
– conference was too short and days were too long
– the event was rushed
– one session in the morning and one in the afternoon with resolutions the next day
– the section on ‘Did you know?’ was really good
– the next day, resolutions that were recommended to pass were the only ones discussed
– only approximately 4 out of 16 resolutions were passed.
– the most successful part was the booths. Money was generated from the draws at the booths.
– Joyce will send a full report from her attendance at the event.
– several other women from Southern Alberta attended
5. Treasurer’s report
Budget at present is $1,634.92 plus the refund for the Labour Day weekend. Available balance is approximately $2,034.92 including $398 and change. There is $1,000 being held in reserve that is earmarked for convention.
Nicole moved that her report be accepted as read.
Motion carried unanimously. M/S/C: Nicole; Sylvia
6. Sisters in Spirit
Dolly has handouts. The event will be held this year on Monday, Oct 4th from 11:30 amto 4:30 pm. There is still a need for volunteers for a variety of activities. Dolly suggests hot chocolate to drink for 75-100 people. There is approximately $100 available and an 80 cup carafe will be purchased.
Dolly would like a volunteer to pick up the hot chocolate and take it to the event. Options are to donate money to arrange it but they are short of volunteers so it would be more meaningful if someone could volunteer. Nicole, Joyce and possibly Sylvia may attend. The presence of a table to put the hot chocolate on will be confirmed prior to the event. Joyce motioned that we spend up to $150 including taxes on the hot chocolate.
Motion carried unanimously. M/S/C: Joyce; Cindy
7. International Women’s Day
Planning meeting will take place the week of Oct 18-22, 2010.
8. Dec 6 Vigil
Discussion deferred to next meeting.
9. Motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:05 pm. The next meeting will take place on November 3rd, 2010.
Motion Carried M/S/C: Nicole; Sylvia