Calgary RWC Minutes (March 2012)
RO Contact: Dolly AblittRWC Minutes from March 22, 2012
Calgary Regional Women’s Committee Meeting (PSAC)
March 22, 2012– Calgary Regional Office
Nicole Frechette – NHU 30014
Stephanie Vandewaeter – CIU 30036
Mélisa Lumbala – CIU 30036
Carrie-Ann French – UTE
Dolly Ablitt – PSAC Calgary RO (Staff)
Sherry Hunt – AGR 30048 (via teleconference)
Lorna Selinger – AGR 30048 (via teleconference)
Ayanna Ayi – CEIU 30856 (via teleconference)
Felicia Blades – CEIU 30857 (via teleconference)
- Meeting called to order at 6:03 pm.
- Motion to adopt agendaM/S/C: Sherry; Ayanna
- Reviewed minutes of November 2, 2011 meeting
Lorna asked about motion 3; Herstory calendars. Dolly said she will send some to Lethbridge members and Ayanna, as they had not received them.M/S/C: Lorna, Ayanna
4. Old Business:
Treasurer’s Report. alance as of December 31, 2011 is $1036.87, which does not include the $1500 which was held aside for Convention. Motion to accept report as read. Motion carried unanimously. M/S/C: Nicole; Carrie-Ann
- New Business:
Proposed 2012 budget
- Mélisa suggested we support the Calgary Immigrant Woman’s Association in some way (she volunteers there) Red Deer and Lethbridge were considered as well and Nicole will add $50 to the budget for each community ($150 total (Calgary, Red Deer and Lethbridge)) idea was for a speaker to come in and we would supply coffee & treats.
- Alberta Federation of Labour 100thAnniversary – $250 was allocated in total to be split between Calgary, Lethbridge and Red Deer. Sherry said $75 was enough for Lethbridge since they are smaller.
- $50 was added for Lethbridge National Day of Remembrance of Violence Against Women, December 6 Vigil
- $50 was added for for Lethbridge Sisters in Spirit
- Nicole said she would update the budget and send out a new one once it’s done.
- Dolly reviewed February 1, 2012 correspondence sent from PSAC office. $857.00 was allocated to the RWC. There is a District Labour Council fundraiser on April 18, 2012 at 5:00pm at the Cardel Theater. They will be playing the movie – Eye of the Storm. Tickets will be $20.
Motion to donated $50 in food gift cards to the YMCA fundraiser event.M/S/C: Lorna; Ayanna
Lorna nominated Carrie-Ann as Chair, seconded by Nicole. Carrie-Ann accepted.
Carrie Ann nominated Nicole as Treasurer, seconded by Mélisa. Nicole accepted.
Mélisa nominated Stephanie as Secretary, seconded by Nicole. Stephanie accepted.
- Next meeting
One before summer was suggested. May 31, 2012 at 5:30pm in Calgary was decided. (6:00 p.m. start, call in for teleconference)
9. Meeting adjourned at 19:05