In Attendance: Carrie-Ann French – UTE 30024; Stephanie Vandewaeter – CIU 30036; Charlene Highfield – UNE 30186; Ayanna Ayi – CEIU 30856; Emma Bertamini – UTS 30024; Dolly Ablitt – PSAC Calgary RO (Staff); Guest speaker – Emily Lis from United Way
RWC Minutes from April 25, 2013
Calgary Regional Women’s Committee Meeting (PSAC)
April 25, 2013- Calgary Regional Office
Carrie-Ann French – UTE 30024
Stephanie Vandewaeter – CIU 30036
Charlene Highfield – UNE 30186
Ayanna Ayi – CEIU 30856
Emma Bertamini – UTS 30024
Dolly Ablitt – PSAC Calgary RO (Staff)
Guest speaker – Emily Lis from United Way
Meeting called to order at 5:50 pm.
Guest speaker Emily Lis from the campaign engagement team with the United Way talked about day of caring program opportunities. The Women’s Center is moving to a new location and requires groups of 5-15 people in May and June to do painting and move. Walk In Closet requires volunteers to sort clothing and be image consultants. YWCA requires all sorts of volunteers to sort pantry items, donations and do grounds maintenance. The Women in Need Society supports vulnerable women and requires volunteers to process and sort donations. We decided we would like to contribute to one of these causes by volunteering as a group.
- Treasurer’s Report. Dolly reviewed financial statements on behalf of Nicole. $1429.26 was for participation on Gina in the last convention. Balance is $1057.60.
- Globalfest. We will have a tent there which we will share with 2 other unions. We will need volunteers to put up “herstory” posters and hand out “we are all affected” material.
- Labour Day BBQ – We will be involved and will need volunteers to cook food etc.
- Women’s conference in Banff – Donations are coming in and Carrie Anne and Dolly will sort before the conference. Gift cards could be purchased with the donations that are coming in. There will be a display table at the conference. Possibly with a collage of all the past and future activities which the RWC participated in. Carrie-Ann suggested a “guessing game” type of 50/50 at the sign in table.
- Positions will remain the same for now and elections will be put on hold as new members will be joining us at the next meeting.
Next regular meeting will be Thursday May 30, 2013 at 5:30pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:00 pm