Attendees: Alec Goertzen – President (CIU #30036); Dale Marianicz – Vice President (AGR #30046); Phillip Chan – Treasurer (UNE SSO #30040); Sam Akinsanya – CIU #30036; Siobhan Hutchison – UTE #30024
Alec Goertzen – President (CIU #30036)
Dale Marianicz – Vice President (AGR #30046)
Phillip Chan – Treasurer (UNE SSO #30040)
Sam Akinsanya – CIU #30036
Siobhan Hutchison – UTE #30024
Dolly Ablitt – PSAC RO
The meeting started promptly at 5:45 pm.
1. Br. Goertzen presented Agenda for review and adoption. M/S/C Hutchison/Chan
2. Br. Goertzen presented the Sept 9 minutes for review & adoption. M/S/C: Chan/Marianicz.
3. Br. Goertzen presented the Oct 15 Special Meeting minutes for review & adoption. M/S/C: Chan/Hutchison.
4. Old Business:
– Labor Day BBQ – Br Chan detailed the shared expenses were for the event, and RWC will be providing a reimbursement of $73.34.
– Remembrance Day – in followup to September meeting, a decision to move with a donation to the The Poppy Fund was made by consensus of executive. Br Chan motioned for $200 to be provided as donation.
– Fall Activities/Plans – there was no convenient opportunity for the chairs of the 3 committees to meet to discuss, therefore each committee to action their own activities individually. The CAC could no longer proceeded the Work Sock campaign due timelines. An event that could be achieved was the Volunteer Appreciation & Open House around the time of the Activist School (Nov 21 – 23). The event was planned for November 22, and coordinated by Br Chan. Many members attended and thanked for their support and giving of time over the past year, and with an election and bargaining in 2015 the support will be sought once again.
Expenses amounted to $469 and were divided among the 3 committees, with financial support from the Regional office and RWC, the HRC will be providing reimbursement of $109.50
5. Round Table:
– With Pledge Support to Bargaining, and Save the Sick leave campaigns and the 2015 election plans and ideas were raised in a general discussion. It was reasoned that a planning retreat day in January would be a great opportunity to focus our plans to be as effective as we can to support the membership. It was decided for January 10 (9am to 4pm). Please watch for an upcoming invite or get in touch with the CAC President to express interest to attend.
Meeting adjourned at 6:56pm
Next meeting is the AGM scheduled for February 18, 2015 at 5:30pm at the Calgary Regional Office. Reminder of date/time to be advised and posted to PSAC website.